• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO Rolling Board will be held 2 Dec 2015

Sarah Kathleen

ONU Indoor, 211 laps. It's a fundraiser for their track & cross country teams. I'll be running Glass City (Toledo) at the end of April if I'm not at OCS!
I recommend doing a Disney Marathon if you like doing any of the fun runs! They're pretty serious still, but you can ride the big coasters at mile 13! I ran Cross Country at ERAU so I like doing the less serious stuff now.

Aspiring NFO

I'm applying for this board. Any other active duty Sailors applying? Also, what email address/board number do I send the application to?

Last edited:

scsmith43

pilot
Much like anything, have fun, work hard, and the progress will come. Frankly, I wish I wouldn't have 'sold my soul' to the endurance devil so soon. Did my first marathon at 17, 70.3 at 18, and ironman at 19. I enjoy it, but I should have been on a track team in college. I miss 51sec 400s and 4:30 miles..
Sub 2 min 800s, 4:30 miles, & 15:30 min 5ks are more easily attainable with youth. A few years of neglecting the body, racing every weekend, and pumping out whatever workout your crazed coach throws at you takes its tole. The trial of miles, miles of trials.

Kraner

I recommend doing a Disney Marathon if you like doing any of the fun runs! They're pretty serious still, but you can ride the big coasters at mile 13! I ran Cross Country at ERAU so I like doing the less serious stuff now.

Pensacola isn't too far away! If the Goofy or Dopey or whatever the 5k, 10k, half, and full is called is on the bucket list.

Kraner

Being a triathlon guy the American Triple T is on the bucket list as well.
Friday PM - Sprint (16.6 miles)
Saturday AM - Olympic (32.1)
Saturday PM - Olympic (32.1)
Sunday AM - Half Iron (70.3)

Imagine that pain, ha. I'm hoping I can continue my racing while in the Navy. Working hard for Boston and Kona..

Sarah Kathleen

Being a triathlon guy the American Triple T is on the bucket list as well.
Friday PM - Sprint (16.6 miles)
Saturday AM - Olympic (32.1)
Saturday PM - Olympic (32.1)
Sunday AM - Half Iron (70.3)

Imagine that pain, ha. I'm hoping I can continue my racing while in the Navy. Working hard for Boston and Kona..
Yeah, I'm not that avid about running anymore. I switched to Olympic weight lifting, way more fun! And you look way cooler doing it... If I get a slot, I'll focus again on running. I can max the PRT, no problem. But run 70 miles? Naaaaahh....

Aspiring NFO

I would think a FCPO would know where to find instructions and be able to read said instruction to find the information needed to submit an O-package. Its on NPC.

I would think a FCPO would know where to find instructions and be able to read said instruction to find the information needed to submit an O-package. Its on NPC.
You are right, I should know. But, no harm in asking a question. Thanks for the information and best of luck ;)!

Noah G. Smith

I got my package in on October 1st. Has anyone else gotten a call for a security clearance. I met with them today and went over the NASIS back ground check thing. Has anyone else had to do this that got their package in recently?

FireFor3ffect

I got my package in on October 1st. Has anyone else gotten a call for a security clearance. I met with them today and went over the NASIS back ground check thing. Has anyone else had to do this that got their package in recently?

Yeah, the day after I finished my kit back in June. They called me and everyone that I listed as references.

CellShock

I submitted my package 01OCT as well. I remember completing the NASIS background check and having my recruiter tell me about a week later that I needed to make some amendments, which I did. I never had to meet with anyone to go over NASIS nor have I received any notification for a security clearance. This was just my experience.

Phoenix19917

When I went for my secret back in 2009, I wasn't nor was anyone I listed contacted. Granted I was 17 so it might have been once they saw no criminal background they wanted to save time and money.