• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Next Pilot/NFO Board 30 June 2015

nightflaw

Typically, the SNA selection rate is higher than any other community. It's also the largest officer community, by far, in the Navy. The next biggest is SWO. As far as THIS high, this is pretty high but not unheard of or abnormal. In contrast, the most recent IDC board had a SELECT percentage under 16% and most recent SWO board in February in the 50+% area.
Does the Navy genuinely need that many pilots or is there some other reason for the high acceptance? Do many SNAs not make it through training?

ugamilit

I feel you. Ugh. Next hurdle to overcome! Let's do this!
I was told that they'll likely bump someone since I already have NAMI's medical signoff, coming from NSW (so physically ready and have clearances already), and mulitple flag letters. Hopefully I was told right, but nothing surprises me. Just gonna stay persistent on making it happen.

exNavyOffRec

Does the Navy genuinely need that many pilots or is there some other reason for the high acceptance? Do many SNAs not make it through training?

The numbers are all based on how many they need to get through training, they take into account all types of things, that lead to people going away to get the numbers that NRC needs as far as goals.