• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next board

Dinosaurologist

Does anyone know when the next Marine board is yet this year?
The next USMC board meets next week on Monday, November 13. This board will select candidates for Officer Candidate Course 245, which will start on January 13, 2024.

The main thing to know is that there are three Officer Candidate Course classes per year, and each lasts for 10 weeks; one is in January, one is in June, and then September. For each of these classes, the selection board meets two months before. So, typically there is a selection board in November, April, and July.

Good luck to your son!

Reactions: sdh

sdh

The next USMC board meets next week on Monday, November 13. This board will select candidates for Officer Candidate Course 245, which will start on January 13, 2024.

The main thing to know is that there are three Officer Candidate Course classes per year, and each lasts for 10 weeks; one is in January, one is in June, and then September. For each of these classes, the selection board meets two months before. So, typically there is a selection board in November, April, and July.

Good luck to your son!
Thank you! He has been told 2 different things so this is good to know!

sdh

Thank you! He has been told 2 different things so this is good to know!

Good luck to your son!
One more question…is it correct that my son wouldn’t hear results for 3-4 wks? Thank you in advance!

Dinosaurologist

One more question…is it correct that my son wouldn’t hear results for 3-4 wks? Thank you in advance!
So, from what I’ve read online and talking to other prior applicants online, USMC officer candidates can expect to hear a phone call from their OSO (officer selection officer) one to three weeks after the board meets. Since the board convened on Monday, November 13, it is possible that your son could get a phone call as soon as Monday, November 20. However, it seems most common to hear results the second week after the board met, which would be sometime between November 27 to December 1.

sdh

So, from what I’ve read online and talking to other prior applicants online, USMC officer candidates can expect to hear a phone call from their OSO (officer selection officer) one to three weeks after the board meets. Since the board convened on Monday, November 13, it is possible that your son could get a phone call as soon as Monday, November 20. However, it seems most common to hear results the second week after the board met, which would be sometime between November 27 to December 1.
Thank you for your response! You have been very helpful and kind! Have a good day!

sdh

O

Of course! Feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in this thread, and I’ll try to answer them.
Just a little update... my son got the call yesterday and was selected with an aviation contract! He goes this January! We are so excited and proud of him! And so it all begins...!

txranger

Just a little update... my son got the call yesterday and was selected with an aviation contract! He goes this January! We are so excited and proud of him! And so it all begins...!
If you don't mind me asking what were his pft and astb scores?

txranger

And congrats to him, you must be very proud!

Dinosaurologist

Awesome! Congratulations to you and your son! I was also selected for the January class with an aviation contract, so I’ll probably see him there.

txranger

Thanks, awesome! My son is going up for the PLC board as a junior Dec 4th. He got 8-8-8 60 on astb, 270 pft, and 3.6 gpa, so we
hope that is enough. He did get letters from 3 flight officers, 1-army caption, 1-marine O4 major, and 1-marine O6 colonel. Shout out to you
Dino as well!