• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

Lucy

Hey all!
So guess who just got a call with the SAME information! Looks like all is a go for August! Ok so chill time....

Anyhow, my OR let me know that it will be a mixed board, meaning that it will be to pick up the few people still needed for FY12, and the rest to start towards FY13. NFO is not really going to pick too many people till spring, and SWO will be picking for FY13 people only. Not sure when the board after August will be.

Like Bobola stated, apps are allowed to be submitted to NRC starting May 1st with the cut-off in July. OR said they expect to up the number of applicants allowed at the board, but it is likely to still be a pretty harsh numbers game as far as selection goes.

Hope everyone else starts getting the news too!

Lucy

Gl-Fy13 selecting. can start as soon as the navy wants but generally any *fall* boards, after July, are to fill current fy gaps and start selecting for upcoming fy.
Bren- once signed your app is valid for 6 months, which means you would be good for August but would need to resign for any boards in Oct or after.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Ehhhhh....good news I guess. Worried to hear they won't take too many FOs.

Random question, when your application is at the board can each community see all of the designators you applied for?

GreenLantern330

Gl-Fy13 selecting. can start as soon as the navy wants but generally any *fall* boards, after July, are to fill current fy gaps and start selecting for upcoming fy.
Bren- once signed your app is valid for 6 months, which means you would be good for August but would need to resign for any boards in Oct or after.

I just reread your original post... completely missed the part about August being a mixed board. That's what I get for walking and reading on my phone haha.

I feel like they have so many applications already waiting that even though they're still taking them until July, they'll probably only look at the ones that have already been sitting there for a long time, but you never know. It's gonna be a scramble to get mine in for August because I'll only have half of June and however much time in July to finish up my application... stupid waiver :(

Best of luck to everyone else with their applications, though! Hopefully August is set in stone and there will be more after.

Lucy

Bren- yes. The front page is your app is where the choices are shown.
gl- currently all submitted apps are being held by the processors so it'll come down to who gets submitted by their processors. ORs and recruiting commands have been told to limit applications to ones that are "highly competitive" which seems to me that not only are applicants going to need their entire office supporting them, but they need to beat out the other applicants from their NRD too.

GreenLantern330

Well, in that case, I'm glad I decided to retake the ASTB this summer... ;) I know what makes an application competitive isn't all in the ASTB, but there's no way my score would have helped.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Well Eagle, it was only a good game depending on your perspective.

Go Wings and may Kane and Toews enjoy their couches when the second round starts!

Kidding of course (sort of).

Also, don't want to start threadjacking but I can't believe the Kings blew a 4-0 lead. Would have been huge for Detroit if they ousted San Jose.

TheBirdy

pilot
Ehhhhh....good news I guess. Worried to hear they won't take too many FOs.

Random question, when your application is at the board can each community see all of the designators you applied for?

They can see what you applied for, but from what my OR told me the communities come to decisions about applicants independently of other communities (i.e. if you apply SWO, SNA and SNFO, SWO will make a decision based off only what the SWOs say, SNA will do the same as well as SNFO. I hope this isn't obvious information :confused:. I remember thinking that all the communities communicate with each other and came to decisions.

MGoBrew11

pilot
You're right Raven. I remember my OR telling me the same thing in one of my first meetings with him. (that each community gives out their recommendations individually)

Lucy

Yep, the boards are not suppose to take into account which place (1-5) you put their desginator. However, since the IDC came about, there is suppose to be more discussion about a "well rounded" set of applicants for all of the IDC communites. Doesn't mean IW affects Intel, but that each section is looking towards the 'group' as a whole. Similar for SNA, NFO, and SWO but not nearly as influential.

Also, technically, if the boards are not at the same time and you get picked for choice #1, your app is suppose to be pulled before going to the boards for choices #2/3. However, doesn't seem like this really happens.

Sonog

pilot
How easy is it to update your app after it is submitted, say for something like private flying hours?