• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I don't want to bother my OR, but can someone confirm the differences between applications submitted before AUG 15 (and later to subsequent boards) and the April boards?

As I understand it, I have to use the new application, but everything else is the same, right? DD370s, etc?

You are correct.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I think the only big differences was the 2 interviews required for some designators, and the 400 word count change for the motivational statement. Does anyone know if the board see's our security clearance application? I ask because I'm wondering how they know where we worked or what jobs we've held.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I think the only big differences was the 2 interviews required for some designators, and the 400 word count change for the motivational statement. Does anyone know if the board see's our security clearance application? I ask because I'm wondering how they know where we worked or what jobs we've held.

I know on the old application there was a place for Professional Information. I can't speak to the new application but I am assuming it would still be there. The board just cares if you have your security clearance application completed.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
From what I have learned, the Boards do see your security packet.

As to the essay outline - think back to those years in grade school. It's a basic five paragraph essay, folks.

Intro - I am awesome for three reasons
Paragraph 2 - Reason #1
Paragraph 3 - Reason #2
Paragraph 4 - Reason #3
Conclusion - Aren't I awesome?

Mistermgh

Do I have a Chance?

24 y/old
Major: (BBA) Airport Management UND
GPA: 3.0
OAR: 45
AQR: 4

PFAR: 5

FOFAR: 4

1st Choice: SNA

2nd Choice: NFO

PPL-90 Hours
100 plus hours community service and officer in group.

Lucy

On the new application there is not a specific spot for work history. For my app in Nov. I just highlighted the promotions/advancements I've had at work in the section 15.

MGoBrew11

pilot
24 y/old
Major: (BBA) Airport Management UND
GPA: 3.0
OAR: 45
AQR: 4

PFAR: 5

FOFAR: 4

1st Choice: SNA

2nd Choice: NFO

PPL-90 Hours
100 plus hours community service and officer in group.

It has been said 1000 times, no one knows for sure. I don't think those ASTB scores are very competitive though. You might want to consider retaking it since you have time. In the last board I was not picked up with all 5s and a 52 (and my GPA was more competitive as well).

Most guys getting selected these days seem to have 6s or 7s and at least a 55 or 56.

Mistermgh

I heard that having a PPL is a HUGE "resume bullet" for SNA. I hope that makes my package look a little more competitive! I'm probably going to retake it, as I know I can do better.

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
It has been said 1000 times, no one knows for sure. I don't think those ASTB scores are very competitive though. You might want to consider retaking it since you have time. In the last board I was not picked up with all 5s and a 52 (and my GPA was more competitive as well).

Most guys getting selected these days seem to have 6s or 7s and at least a 55 or 56.

Concur. I had a 5/6/5 52 in September, and my GPA was slightly more and was not selected. I'm retaking the ASTB, adding a post baccalaureate bachelor of science in Government with all 4.0s, and adding additional LORs. Unless you can manage to find a program like I did, your GPA is something you can't change, and probably shouldn't really worry about. You need to study like heck and get that ASTB score up, and add some LORs/interviews.

Mistermgh

Did you guys have any flight training when you applied? I have LOR's from current job, 0-7, 0-5, all retired. Can you interview with someone retired? Someone I know got selected with 5/5/5 having a PPL. However, there is no question I'm going to retake the ASTB.

Seafort

I have no flight experience, no. There simply hasn't been any opportunity to do so in Japan.

You can interview with someone retired, but it should be someone you don't have any prior relationship with. That's what your LORs are for. As I understand it, interviews are now required for SNA and NFO, and I was directed to obtain one post-haste by my OR just a few weeks ago.

Lucy

At least one active duty interview is required for an OCS application, and I do believe that is for all general Officer desginators.

Seafort

Lucy, yes, but I mean community interview. For SWO, I could have chosen anyone, and I chose the O-10 SWO. However, I was told that I was in need of an NFO interview for my NFO board because who I had, the O-10, was a SWO, and would not count. I have also been told I should get an INTEL officer interview for that board as well, as it is... extremely helpful...