• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NewMember, ASTB Prep help..

HighSpeed

Hey Yall,

Just registered here b/c some aviation buddies pointed it out to me. I just graduated OCS this past summer with the Marine Corps. and decided to switch my contract from ground to air while I wait to finish up my final year of school. I heard this is the spot to get the ASTB study guides but I can't seem to find a link to any of this suggested aid of reference. If someone here can please hook that up for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

ooh rah

WEGL

Hey Yall,

Just registered here b/c some aviation buddies pointed it out to me. I just graduated OCS this past summer with the Marine Corps. and decided to switch my contract from ground to air while I wait to finish up my final year of school. I heard this is the spot to get the ASTB study guides but I can't seem to find a link to any of this suggested aid of reference. If someone here can please hook that up for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

ooh rah

try this

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8&d=1077514867

HighSpeed

thanks, are there any other specific downloads to refer to from this site to dominate the ASTB? That gouge does not have all the required study material..

BullGator

Hey Yall,

Thanks

ooh rah
www.marinegouge.com -under the ASTB tab has the main ones: 11pg spatial apperception, 11pg Mechanical gouge, and most importantly the 27pg practice exam. I also always recommend you study the Arco Officer Candidate book's Mechanical practice Qs (the math is also helpful):
http://www.petersons.com/pdf/free/OfficerCandidate.pdf

Search around. There is practically an endless amount of material and gouges to study for the ASTB on AW. The most difficult part to study is typically the aviation (and nautical, to a lesser extent) info. If you need more study prep, just ask.

BullGator

Oh, and there are also downloads at www.navygouge.com Some of the downloads are probably repeats of what you will find at the Marinegouge site. If I remember correctly, (you may need to search for a couple minutes looking for it) the ASTB section is on the left hand side of the page about a 1/4 of the way down. I believe it's under "New ASTB gouge" or something like that. Keep in mind that you will learn all of this nautical and aviation information eventually, so study as much as you can. Why not?

Work on your math, mechanical, and spatial app. problems, while timing youself (~54sec per math Q, 30sec per mech Q, and ~24 sec per SAT Q), and study the aviation info thoroughly.

The paragraph comprehension is difficult to study for however. It is mostly an aptitude test for reading comprehension. And although the math and mechanical sections are aptitude tests, you can work on short-cuts to make them go by faster so you don't run out of time on the test day.

Lobster

Go to the ASTB thread or just type in ASTB in the search bar up top should give you a ton of useful gouge. Good Luck!