• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

newest primary drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
For those that care who is currently slotted to go where, and current trends:

TRAWING 4, Corpus, took about half of the slots for the newest API class. Out of 30, ~11 went to TRAWING 4, ~6 went to the 2 air force bases, ~5 were going TRAWING 6 (NFO), 3 were Air Force navigators (so who cares :D ), and ~5 were going to TRAWING 5 (Whiting).

Plus or minus, umm, 2.

It seems the tides have turned, again.

PS. new board looks good so far!

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Navy101, you have my heartfelt sympathies for the torture you will be put through here at Vance, so sorry.

navy101

I volunteered so I could get out of my stash job and a-pool quicker. Jaxs170, are you at Vance right know? If so, could you tell me what I am going to be doing when I get there? Thanks.

petescheu

It's not THAT bad ya'll, sheesh... everyone seems to think it's like a death sentence or something.

contrail_dash

One of my best friends dropped outa UPT at Vance. Said it was wrong for someone to make you hate flying that much. Apparently he got stuck with a rather vocal instructor who felt that every student was trying to kill him.

petescheu

The Air Force just plays the "game" when you first start out. They just want to lay the smack down to all those people that think they are all cool just because they are in pilot training and show them that they really actually don't know anything about flying a military aircraft. Same reason they play the game in OCS, plebe summer, boot camp, etc. etc. You don't get respect in the A/F program until you've earned it.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
navy101 said:
I volunteered so I could get out of my stash job and a-pool quicker. Jaxs170, are you at Vance right know? If so, could you tell me what I am going to be doing when I get there? Thanks.

Hey, sorry it took me so long to respond, just finished my Nav checkride. Yes, Navy101, I am at Vance for advanced E-6. I have 16 more Xs till I am outta here and it can't come fast enough. They treat students like 10 year olds whereas I felt like a graduate student in Corpus. There are some areas where this place (T-1s at least) is in fact better than what I had in primary, but not too many.

My fellow AF studs who did 37s here have nothing but the most horrific stories about what they went though. If you want details, do a search on the site for/about Vance, there is plenty of stuff there. There are always a small monority of Navy/MC studs who like it here, but its rare to find them, and a much greater percentage DOR b/c the AF (well, more specifically, AETC, CNATRA's equivalent) makes them hate flying thanks to the system they have in place. I was talking to a MC IP here who told me how much he hates this place and cannot wait to get out of here. T-1s starts out as a prison but gets better after transition check, but it still doesn't match up to Corpus.

Not sure what else to add. I just wish you the best of luck and hope you don't become another statistic/victim of this place.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
ENSsquid,

Did you use to be FSUMidn?.....just curious.

Negative. That's a buddy from my old NROTC unit. He has been selected SNFO and grads in 2 months. But of course he can speak for himself. So no, we're not the same person.

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
I can confirm that I am me and ENSsquid is not me.... I just got back to the board so I'll try to keep more up to date on things. ONE MONTH 29 DAYS LEFT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.