• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Newbie with Q for TBS housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymarineman

Heading out west
Hello everyone! Well I will do a little intro first... I'm vonnie dw to jeff who will be commissioned 5/22. We are both ex-enlisted af but got out so we could finish school, he has since then decided to go USMC with a flight contract. We are looking at doing TBS during the fall and I've been looking for housing in the general area. Some of it looks great but I don't want to live too far away from the base because he's going to have long hours and the closer the better for him. Any suggestions? We might get lucky and find a spot on base but the chances are slim but I can dream!

Anyway, I will be around checking the board and getting familar with everyone.

vonnie:)

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Base housing isn't as hard to come by as you hear. I was never on any waiting list and didn't even consider trying. When I checked into my stash job, it required that I check in with housing, so I said "what the heck" and asked if they had any availible, sure enough, I walked out of there with a set of keys. The waiting list is bogus I hear mainly because housing is first come first serve anyway. Which means you can be on the list for several months, and someone who has never been on the list could show up and take the house.

Anyway, I thought base housing was awesome. There are places in Garrisonville that are actually closer to Camp Barratt than base housing, but not by far. Quantico has the best Commissary I've seen, golf course is nice also.

usmcwife3

My husband and I live off base. We ran into a problem looking for housing off base due to the income restrictions. We found that on his income alone we made too much money to live in most of the apartments/townhomes. There are a small few that don't have these restrictions. We live in Aquia Terrace apts right off of US1. Its about a 10 minute drive in the morning to Camp Barrett. If you have more questions let me know, I'd be glad to help you with anything!

mymarineman

Heading out west
I have looked online at what would be suitable for our family at www.apartments.com and so forth (we have three cats which we need to accomodate!) and I came up with Woodbridge, VA. It seems to be about 15 miles outside of qauntico. Is Camp Barrett a different base than Quantico?

What do you mean you didn't qualify for most of the housing? They won't let you move in if you make too much money? That just sounds odd but I'm sure they have their reasons!

Also when your DH reported down there did you already have a place lined up? One of my biggest fears is that I get down there and we don't have a place to live!

Thanks so much! vonnie

Status
Not open for further replies.