• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Newb question, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
They can be given for a good or bad post. You can only give them once you reach a certain post count I believe. You can't flood points either... once you give one to someone, you need to give to others before you can give to that person again. If you get enough bad points, it can affect your priviledges on the forum.

Kycntryboy

pilot
It lets the new people now basically if we know what we are talking about or we always just talk out of our a**. You can add to someones reputation (negative or positive) by clicking on the scale.

just a side note- some people police this forum looking to give reputation pts. on whatever the vast majority of us give it on merit and whether the person knows what they are talking about.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
The important thing to know about reputation points:

If you keep getting negative points, stop talking and figure out what it is that people object to (usually bad gouge).

Other than that, don't sweat it.

Oh, and you can check your rep in your "User CP"

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Thanks to all the answers and newly minted points ;) lol.

How can I check other's reputation points? Is there a way? Thanks again... just never seen that option on any other boards I've used.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
All you can do is hover your mouse over their point status (the two green lights under mine, the 1 under yours, the FOUR under Zab1001's). That'll give you a general idea.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Previously posted by the Webmaster:

Ok, let me answer the reputation defaults set on this forum, I have not altered the basic setup. Your User Control Panel will show you the last 25 reputation points you received or lost, and the post it pertained to. Also, no one can hide their reputation.

The starting, default repuation is 10.

Reputation ladder:
-100 "infamous around these parts"
-50 "can only hope to improve"
-10 "has a little shameless behaviour in the past"
0 "is an unknown quantity at this point"
10 "is on a distinguished road"
50 "will become famous soon enough"
150 "has a spectacular aura about"
250 "is a jewel in the rough"
350 "is just really nice"
450 "is a beacon of light"
550 "is a name known to all"
650 "is a splendid one to behold"
1000 "has much to be proud of"
1500 "has a brilliant future"
2000 "has a reputation beyond repute"
undefined "is off the scale"

Reputation Power: How many reputation points does a user give or take with a click?
Admin = 15 reputation points per hit.
Registration Date Factor: For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.
Post Count Factor: For every 100 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.
Reputation Point Factor: For every 50 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.

Other items.

Minimum Reputation Count: User must have 10 points reputation before their reputation hits count on others.
Minimum Post Count: User must have 50 posts before his reputation hits count on others.
Daily Reputation Clicks Limit: A user can only give 10 reputation clicks in a 24 hour period.
Reputation User Spread: A user must give reputation to 20 other users before they can hit the same person twice.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Thank you so much!

I'd have to say, that answered all of the questions. I even searched the forums, but I guess I wasn't thorough enough. Thanks alot.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I don't want to refute the mighty webmaster, but I noticed that the chart posted above was not correct in my instance. I received a second bar when I reached 100 reputation points, not 50. Does anyone have the new scale?

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
I checked the website of the company that provides these forums (vbulletin), and there was nothing about the ranking system, I guess it must be up to the webmaster of each forum. We'll have to ask.

KBayDog

Godspeed said:
I don't want to refute the mighty webmaster, but I noticed that the chart posted above was not correct in my instance. I received a second bar when I reached 100 reputation points, not 50. Does anyone have the new scale?

Or better yet, just don't worry about it. Enjoy the forum - your rep will be earned based on your input and attitude, not a numbering system. I doubt anyone here judges someone based on little green squares.

p.s. - I gladly accept personal checks, credit cards, and PayPal to boost your rep points ;)

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Good call KBay. But it would be nice to know what everyone's reputation means. Some of them are a little humorous. O well.

Visa? :D :D :)

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Oh great, I just learned what rep points are. Now I'm going to have to go around and kiss everyone's exhaust pipe and try to get rep points so I can feel better about myself. I never should have looked at this thread.

p.s. If you found this funny, please feel free to give me some points. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.