• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Working Uniforms

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Thread revival... saw this on news - new "organizational clothing" - FR

Stop making these items "organizational clothing," dammit! Shipboard SUPPOs get all stupid when it comes to organizational clothing and start being very stingy with issuing them and then demanding that they get them back. All that does is hurt the blue jackets and waster supply money on uniforms instead of repair parts. Just give everyone a damn uniform allowance and let us buy them in the NEX. Why does task force uniform keep fucking this up?

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
My first thought was; we're adopting the Coast Guard uniform!

"Those in grades E-6 and below favored dark blue fabric because it better hid the smears and smudges hard-working sailors pick up on board a ship. But they didn’t want it to look like the Coast Guard’s blue uniform."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

azguy

None
Stop making these items "organizational clothing," dammit! Shipboard SUPPOs get all stupid when it comes to organizational clothing and start being very stingy with issuing them and then demanding that they get them back. All that does is hurt the blue jackets and waster supply money on uniforms instead of repair parts. Just give everyone a damn uniform allowance and let us buy them in the NEX. Why does task force uniform keep fucking this up?

I'd rather deal with a random bad SUPPO than have to shell out another $300 for a new, new uniform. I've been wearing Type IIIs for less than a year!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
That's all you had to say.

The problem is that I like this uniform. It makes good sense and we should be allowed to wear it out in town. You airdales get your flame retardant pajamas and we get ours. I just don't want to have to deal with supply chain issues that will inevitably arise. Luckily, I'm shoreside for the rest of my career so maybe I can survive without ever having to wear these.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Why must they be like the Army and put the American flag on the 'wrong' side?! :mad:

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
In all seriousness, is the ODU sufficiently fire retardant?
Given the near-perfect record that NUB TFU has in screwing this stuff up on every new uniform, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Maybe they'll be see-through when they get wet, like the original minion costume PT gear. Maybe the buttons will fall off like the first batches of Iraqi Police camouflage Navy Working Uniform. Maybe they'll disintegrate in ship's laundry.

Who knows.

*Taskforce Fuck Up?