• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new wife question

navrn

Hellooooo nurse!
Ah... brings back fond memories of 0400 briefs, arts and crafts time for blasted manila folder charts, and T2C EP drills...

1. PCL IDLE Stop - Disengage
2. PCLs - Off...

I shoulda gone for wings instead of an oak leaf! :)

Erin, unless there's some other reason for you to stay apart - I would wholeheartedly say follow your heart - or the other half of it! Pensacola (if that's where you'd go) may not be the happeningest place, but the beaches are beautiful, the bars are great in the summer, and the accomplishment of wings are so much sweeter when you can feel like you (in some part) made it together. You get to participate in the feeling of community that starts in API/flight school as a lot of these guys will move through phases together. It was hard (you'll feel like second fiddle some days), and some day's you'll hate the sacrifice, but I wouldn't have traded the chance to go through it with him for the world.

We've been separated for a year now by Navy stationings and I wish every day I could be there for all the firsts as he went through the FRS and CQ and starting his first fleet squadron. I remember how much it meant to be "in it" with him in flight school.

Nikki2184

There will be plenty of times when you will have no choice but to be seperated. Take advantage of every opportunity you get to sleep in the same bed, even if he is so busy that is all you get to do.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Echoing others...

If there is any way to make it happen, I would go with him. I moved to Pensacola after we got engaged. Husband was in Advanced at the time. Certainly, there were periods of time that we didn't get to spend a lot of time together or where all of our time together was spent with me quizzing him on EPs, but it was much better than being a part.

He will be so busy and leave is tough to come by (or, it was a million year ago when Husband was a SNA) so if you don't go, he will probably not be able to visit you much, if at all, and if you visit him, he won't have time to drop everything and spend a quality weekend with you. Keep that in mind when looking at not going.

You do need to be prepared to be very patient with his schedule, but that requirement will be there for as long as he's in the Navy. You probably won't be able to work since you won't know how long he is going to be there (though I seem to recall a few spouses pulling it off), so you'll have lots of alone time to fill. Nonetheless, it is so worth it to be there.

Pilot2Be_Wife

How to join -Spouse Corner

Hi All,

I saw this post and have not been able to figure out how to join a Spouse Group. Can someone please help