• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New version of ASTB coming out with video game type interaction?

exNavyOffRec

Anyone happen to know if this is one of the big changes (/additions) that's being implemented in the new ASTB rolling out on the first of June?

It is supposed to be June, might be 1st or 10th... they are having issues with some NRD's not getting ready, I believe NRD SD.

In regards to the full exam it will include video portion, those that just take the OAR will not,

navjack

K-Vegas
It is definitely akin to playing two different Atari games at the same time while an answering service-style voice gives you instructions to press a seemingly random series of buttons. I also felt like I was going to be attrited and publicly shamed after I took it but the guy said my numbers were slightly above average. I honestly would like to see what a failing score looks like because I was all over that screen like a clown. He also gave us a personality test right after the video game crucible as well. Apparently they are going to compare those results to stud performance (dont know if that test was already mentioned in acronym form) and then give the same test to prospective studs. I would say about 89% of the people in that room finished the giant personality test in about 46 seconds. Not much of a baseline...

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I remember testing this when I was in A Pool. If its the same test they were testing, it's not a video game as much as it is a motor skills test with a joystick on a computer.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
I got all the achievements and beat this on hard so I'm all studied up for the new test.

256px-AC6_front.jpg