• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New to forums - Intel DCO Select

dephyler

Contributor
Hi everybody. As my first post, a big 'thank you' to everybody here for all of the gouge, experiences, and on-the-job anecdotes. It helped a lot and I've been able to plow through the process. I've been reading posts since August and almost all of them have been helpful in some way. So Thanks!

I was selected in the Dec (pushed back from Nov) board for Intel. Now I'm just waiting on my CommDocs. We'll see how fast they can get here :sleep_125

My recruiter is hoping to get me into DCO school before the end of April, but we'll see how it goes. He has high hopes about the timeline. I had my physical at Newport over the weekend and spoke with a few IS reservists, so now I'm getting really excited.

WildKat

Congratulations on being selected! I am working on my packet for the March 28th board, and was wondering if you could give me some insight on your packet- OAR scores, GPA, overall work history and did you happen to have Intel interviews with scores? I am trying to see how my packet stacks up against someone who was just selected and maybe what the board might be looking for right now. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

dephyler

Contributor
Thanks! And sure, I can outline some things for you.

I plowed through the process in only a couple of months because I had already made up my mind when I went to see a recruiter.

I'm 25, 1.5 years out of college, and working for a defense contractor as an engineer. I had a 3.2 GPA in computer engineering.

I scored a 9/9/9/62 on the ASTB after studying my ass off and sleeping 10 hours the night before the exam.

I did have some officer interviews. I met with 3 people in 2 interviews. The first interview 1/2 counts because he didn't write up an endorsement. He did set me up with the CO and XO of the unit I'll be assigned to for an interview 2 days later, though. He also answered a shit ton of questions that I had about the community. The interview with the CO and XO was interesting. Both were prior enlisted so they had no idea what the ASTB was, nor what the scores meant. They said they only knew about the ASVAB. They asked a lot of tough questions and I was honest with everything. I talked about my immaturity before and while in college and my abandonment of pursuing an active duty career before I went to college. They appreciated the honesty more than anything else, I think.

I had 5 letters of recommendation from people that knew ME personally and not just family friends.

My personal commitment was the hardest thing for me and I didn't finish it until the night before I submitted my package to my recruiter. It wasn't easy for me to convert emotions and a sense of duty into words. I eventually had something that I was mildly happy with.

The bottom line is that it's tough to know what's "competitive" at any given time. My recruiter gave me some mild statistics, but I aimed to kick the crap of them because I wanted in no matter what. Work hard for it, if you want it. It does pay off. And if you don't get selected on your first shot, try again. A guy that was selected with me was on his second application.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

WildKat

Thanks so much for the great detailed advice! That helps me out to know what I need to aim for to get a competitive ASTB score as well as to get an idea of an overall civilian reserve packet. The ASTB is the last step in completing my packet, and after that it will be a tense wait. Good luck in OCS!

mgreen121774

Also Applying to Intel

Hey Everyone!

This is also my first post. I haven't had the opportunity yet to fully explore all or even some of the threads here, but I would appreciate any information that anyone can send me about the Intel DCO process. My recruiter here in New Orleans is new at this, and has never, or at least seldom, put together a DCO packet before and knows little about the process. At this point, I have completed everything but the PRT, and am working on getting myself in shape in a couple of weeks (hopefully) enough to pass the PRT test.

If I am selected by the board, then what is next? My recruiter said something about "Final Selection". Even if I am selected by the CNRC board, are there still more hoops to go through? If so, what are they specifically? In short, what comprises the DCO application process?

Thank you for reading my post, and I look forward to any information that anyone may provide. Have a great evening/day, and good luck to everyone else also applying!

Very Respectfully,

M. Ragan "Trey" Green, III

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey Everyone!

If I am selected by the board, then what is next? My recruiter said something about "Final Selection". Even if I am selected by the CNRC board, are there still more hoops to go through? If so, what are they specifically? In short, what comprises the DCO application process?
After the board selects you, the PRO REC, you have to have your medical status and security screened. If you then pass both of those, and any other minor outstanding issue, then you get the Final Select. If you have no unusual issue with your security clearance and you are a normal healthy individual with no surgeries, extended hospital stays, or daily meds, you will probably get the Final Select. If you have any of the above problems, then you may still get the Final Select, but I could not guess the likelihood.

WildKat

If you are pro rec'd for intel in the reserves do you go to OCS or do you go to the 2 week DCO program. I have heard both ways and I am trying to get my facts right.

Also my packet is at the board currently. I received a call from someone that had some questions from the board, I was wondering if this was a good thing?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You go to DCO school if you are a DIRCOM. Questions are usually not a bad sign.