• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicaann613

Hey Ladies! My boyfriend uses this site and tonight he told me there is a section where the girlfriends/spouses can talk to eachother for support, which is GREAT! I am so glad he told me about this! I have been so scared (and still am) about this whole OCS process and what the future holds for us. He is going to OCS in a few months (summer 2004)...we should find out exactly when in Feb sometime. I am excited to get to know ya'll and get some answers to many of my questions!
Jessica

slvinst8

Howdy there Jessica! Welcome to this site! I am looking forward to getting to know you, and please do not hesistate to ask any questions, even if you think they are weird!! This site has a great source of info, as well as support! Take care. Rebecca

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
Welcome to the forum Jessica!!
bouncy_125.gif
I've added you to the Private Spouse's Corner Forum. If you can't get into the forum or don't see it, let me know. You will find it under the Naval Aviator's Forum, just above the Spouse's Corner. There's tons of support there- which it sounds like you're looking for!
icon_smile.gif
I look forward to chatting with you! Let me know if you have any questions!

Feel free to ask away!!
icon_smile_wink.gif

Heather

jessicaann613

Thanks for the invitation! I'll definitely have to check that out!

As for questions, I guess I'll start with a basic question about what happens when they go to OCS in Quanico? Can you talk to them much? Write them letters? Visit them?

Thanks for the support, its going to be a long and tough road ahead for me and my boyfriend and it seems like with his commitment to the Marines, we will not see much of eachother anymore?

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
No problem!
icon_smile_wink.gif

As far as OCS in Quantico?? You've got me. My husband and I are Navy- so he went to OCS in Pensacola. I'm sure it is basically the same as far as letters and packages. You want to send letters in plain white envelopes with no perfume or stickers or anything- that just attracts negative attention. And for packages for OCS in P'cola- you never wanted to send those. There have been stories floating around about girls sending boxes of cookies- and the DI's give the guys a hard time for receiving them- and then they'd make them eat the entire box in front of everyone!!! So, I'd check before sending packages.

As far as talking to them, in the beginning I couldn't much, but as the time passed and they received more liberty- we were able to talk more. It wasn't a lot- but it was still a lot more than a 2 minute phone call! The beginning is the hardest- then as the progress it gets better. Graduation is still what they all wait for - to reach complete freedom!
graduate_125.gif

I didn't live in Pensacola when he was in OCS, so the only time I visted him was during DO (Dine Out) and Graduation. I know that some ladies lived there- and they could meet for church on Sunday's I think, but that was about it. I'm not 100% on that- I know there are gals out there that could answer that better.

If you move with him- then you will see him a lot. After OCS I moved with my then boyfriend, and we got married 2 months later. I don't regret ever moving around with him. At least on the hard days- or lonely days- I'm right at home when he arrives! I know not everyone can do that- but I suggest that if you can- go for it!

I hope this helps some! If not, ask away!

Welcome again!!

Heather

rdraider04

Proud Pilot's Wife
Hi Miko,
Welcome! Sorry I just looked at these postings. What class is your husband in? My SO is in 12-04 with Mandasam husband. This forum has been the biggest help for me getting through the last 3 weeks and the next 11 weeks of OCS. I have to agree that Sunday is my new favorite day! It usually was my least favorite because I had to go back to school and work the next day. My boyfriend and I knew about him going to OCS for a year and a half and now I am glad on getting this over with, he just graduated from college and now he is starting his career. I am keeping myself really busy and it helps soooo much and makes the time go faster. I wish you luck and your husband during this time. If you want to talk to anyone feel free to PM me or leave a post on here. Have a great day!

-Nicole

lisacecwife

Hello,

I am new to this forum also, my husband just began OCS today, he is in class 13-04. I am looking forward to having a group to turn to for support! It was very hard for him to leave, he and I were recently married a couple of weeks ago! So I am just trying to hang in and wondering what he is going through. He hates to run so I am really hoping that he makes out ok down there. Just a quick question, I hear of something called a 'dining out' that you guys are mentioning.... can someone explain to me what that is and what week you get to go down for that? I am definetly planning on going down for graduation, and I'd love to get down there a couple of other weekends after he gets liberty.

Thanks,
Lisa

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
Hey Lisa!

I've added you to the Private Spouse's Forum and sent you a PM! Let me know if it does not work! Welcome to the forum! I'll write more in a bit to answer your questions!

Heather

shutterbug

Hello everyone, I too, am new to Air Warriors. My boyfriend is graduating this Friday and is taking 30 days leave after. Now, we had talked about the possibility of me moving down during IFS and API but he has opted to live with a bunch of testosterone filled men. Should I be worried? He also made the comment today after a CO buddy of his said he could get married to have cheaper living quarters, "that's out of the question", he says. This really bothered me, we've been together for 3 years now and have talked about marriage. It just seems like now he doesn't even want to discuss it, or he shuffles his feet when I tease about it. Should I be this paranoid? I mean, him wanting me to up-root my life/career and follow him without blinking an eye should have a little stronger commitment behind it right? Confused.....help me out ladies...(or gentlemen, it would be great to have a man's opinion also) NM

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Shutterbug... I've added you to the list of users with access to the Private Spouse's Forum. Welcome!

rare21

pilot
Contributor
shutter in truth it doesnt seem like he's ready....all through flight school its been pounded in our heads "wings before rings" and maybe thats what he's thinking. i wouldnt push him into it especially if he's being like this. i'm married and i left the party mentality back in college but apparently around here some folks have held on to it. maybe he's one of those that see that having a significant other will hinder that "party" feeling. i'd really let him get over that before even attempting marriage.

Alyssa

Hello~

I am new to the forum. My husband is in the April 2004 class for OCS as a pilot. He's been telling me to check out the spouse's corner to connect with other navy wives.

We both graduated from Oregon State University last summer. I work while he prepares for OCS.
I'll be staying in Oregon while he goes through OCS and ground school.
indifferent_125.gif

Anybody got a man in the same class, or is a Pensicola resident?

Dop03

SNA Wife
Hi Alyssa,

My name is Nicole. I am in Pensacola right now. We moved here at the end of November, so I am still getting used to the area. My husband will be starting API this Friday. He graduated from OCS in October. If you have any questions, let me know! This is a great wesbite and I know you will find many answeres here, as well as meet many wonderful ladies!

Take care,
-Nicole
icon_smile.gif

slvinst8

Welcome Aboard Alyssa! Enjoy your husband while you have him, you'll be missing him like mad when he goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.