• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New to crypto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jca320

Hi, New to this forum, I have been looking for a way to get into the Navy for the last 6 years. I have been in college during that time and will graduate in June.

Right now the cryptology program looks like the best match for my computer science degree and the desire in my gut to be a Navy Officer. While the thought of being in the Navy tugs at my heart strings, I also want to maximize what the Navy and I can do for each other.

I believe that I would make one hell of a line officer, but I think my skills and talent would best sever my country in the science and engineering fields.

What experiences have you guys had in this field, and what kind of jobs would I be asked to accomplish?

John

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You want science and engineering? Join the Navy as nuke (submarine or surface warfare) and then lateral transfer to the Engineering Duty Officer (Nuke) community. Or just join as a regular SWO and then lateral to the Engineering Duty Officer (non-nuke) community. Plenty of science and engineering to go around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.