• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New to all things military...help!

FutureMrsNelis

I'm engaged to a student naval aviator and I know NOTHING about military life. I'll be moving to Pensacola in mid-april and I feel like I should know a bit more and be prepared. Any suggestions??

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
pm Kathy and join the Private Spouses Group. they can help you out with your questions/concerns

edit: looks like you did that already so good to go

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome to the forum, the Private Spouses Corner will definitely be able to help you.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
FutureMrsNelis said:
I'm engaged to a student naval aviator and I know NOTHING about military life. I'll be moving to Pensacola in mid-april and I feel like I should know a bit more and be prepared. Any suggestions??

When your husband gets to the fleet and goes on deployment, get him a good tube sock. He'll thank you later.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
When he's deployed, calls drunk off his ass, claiming to be in a bar full of chicks........don't worry, he's probably just drunk in a bar full of chicks. It happens. Have fun in P-cola.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you are in Pensacola, you will eventually help him learn his Emergency Proceedure. I think my wife knew them better than I did. :) Be patient, supportive and have fun. At the end of the day, he'll be glad you are there when he gets home.

There will be different challenges along the way, but as long as you both communicate, you both can work through them. Make friends along the way...they'll be going through some of the same trials and tribulations you are enduring.

-ea6bflyr

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
And when you hear through the WIFERNET (Wife Net) of him being mugged in his hotel room by a transvestite hooker in Thailand - before exploding wait for his story.

No joke, serious about this!