• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New SWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke1

I just received word of my selection by the SWO community. No definite time to OCS, but just looking for any helpful info regarding checking in down in Pennsacola and what to expect in the initial phase.

Thanks

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Well, I haven't been yet either, but from what I gather... lots of yellin' and runnin' and polishin' and foldin' and runnin' and runnin' and runnin'...

Congrats!

Meridiani

Everthing you wanted to know about OCS training, and more that you didn't can be found at:http://www.geocities.com/frogggystyle/hobbies/ocs.html

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Now berfore you get any
idea_125.gif
, remember these two items "Aviators are always right"
propeller_125.gif
and "No, Aviators will not help you stand OOD or any other SWO watch as we will be extremely busy
sleep_125.gif
during GQ drills"

Dave

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Jeez,

I didnt mean to kill this thread. The above post was a joke. Or was it?

Dave

duke1

Nice humor my friend. Hopefully I will not be in a position to need an aviator's help on the bridge; I would guess, at that point, things would be in the sketchy area. BTW, I've got a projected class-up date for OCS; Nov. 1, '03.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Hey Duke,

Congrats on getting in! Could you share your stats with us, SWO is my ultimate choice but my recruiter tells me that is full until the next millenium, seems now they are accepting people and sending them to OCS soon too since you are going still this year! Did you have anything significant to help out? How helpful was your recruiter? Thanks in advance.

Xmaldo

Congratulations! Duke, I guess you are waiting for the CO to come back from leave? I’m in the same situation. Are you active or coming in as a civilian? I just found out as well it seems to be a short wait.

duke1

I am a second class Storekeeper, and I had Supply as my first choice. Supply was a turn-down for some reason, and SWO was not. I had a 3.67 GPA in college which I finished on shore duty that I am currently on. EVALS were high, and I had good interviews and recommendations. My OAR met the requirement but was not high. I also heard SWO was closed with no end in sight but recently have heard that spots open up here and there so I guess my package was there at the right time. SWO was my 2nd/3rd choice; I also had PAO down. Yes, the CO has been on leave so that is the hold up with my paperwork, and orders.

duke1

I guess the CO is back. I just received my accpetance letter for OCS, and class date NOV 1,'03.

kingzkid

Originally posted by duke1
I guess the CO is back. I just received my accpetance letter for OCS, and class date NOV 1,'03.
Duke,
I believe I met you today at the PX. Nice talking with you and I wish you well with OCS in Nov. I will try to look around on this site for info on the age limit or I will post a message myself. I can't believe that I am running into something that my age will be a factor. I am getting old. Ha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.