• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Show: My War Diary

Marie

Hey, everyone, I'm working on a cool new show for the Military Channel called My War Diary and I thought this community might be really interested in it. It's focused on user-generated content - videos and photos - that have been submitted by members of the Armed Forces currently serving in Iraq. These stories are completely unfiltered and personal - a really new way to take a look into the lives of those serving our country in the Middle East, and a viewpoint that doesn't get lot of coverage in the mainstream press. Some of these Diaries will be very moving, others will be really funny. It premieres tonight at 9PM and I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this show before now, or is planning to watch it? I'm really interested in feedback and opinions on the program and what you think of it. You can learn more online here:
http://military.discovery.com/convergence/mywardiary/splash.html?clik=military_leftnav

http://military.discovery.com/convergence/mywardiary/splash.html?clik=military_leftnavI'd appreciate any thoughts you'd care to share, and of course if you have questions, just ask.

Carno

Insane
I haven't heard of this show before, but I will try and check it out tonight and share my opinion of it.

Sounds like a decent idea though.

Marie

Thank you! So many of the stories of our brave men and women currently serving don't make it on the nightly news - so this is a small method of sharing and seeing what they are going through on and off duty over there, and sharing people's stories. It's sort of a technologically updated version of letters from the front. Actually, we're also still accepting submissions for the show, if you or someone you know would be interested in sharing their perspectives about serving in Iraq, send them to www.mywardiary.com

Did any of you happen to watch the show on Friday? I am really looking forward to hearing viewer reactions! (If you missed it, another episode will air this Friday night at 9PM.)

fitz8402

I saw a partial episode this weekend and really enjoyed it. I am hoping any new episodes are as good as the first one. Keep up the good work!

fitz8402

I liked the fact that the show attempts to depict reality. Most shows are either overly critical of the military and agenda driven or they are way too sugar coated and don't depict reality.

Marie

That is part of its purpose, I believe. Because the more average stories about day to day life of regular soldiers don't get a lot of airtime on the regular news media, it's a way to give them a voice, and focus just on a few of the individuals fighting for us over there. (Plus, some of them are pretty funny in addition to the touching ones. My favorite, personally, from last week, were the air guitarists.) I hope you guys tune in tomorrow!

Carno

Insane
I watched the show last Friday. I liked it a lot; it's an interesting premise that is carried out well.

Marie

That's awesome to hear, Carno! Which was your favorite segment? (I am curious as to what kinds of stories are resonating most with viewers)

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
i'm watching the clips on the website now, i'd like to see the show... get it on regular discovery channel soon, please