• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New RIOT (Radio Instrument Orientation Trainer) v5.0 Beta 3 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Even has a nicely formated HTML based help file! :)

Welcome to the all new RIOT Version 5.0.

The following is a list of additions for 5.0:

1. Replay mode for all supported aircraft.

2. JPAT’s T-6A aircraft fully supported.

3. Limited GPS support for the T-6A, T-34C and TH57C.

https://wwwcfs.cnet.navy.mil/microsimptt/downloads.cfm

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
the correct question is: will it work with Wine? (if you understand what I'm talking about you deserve some sort of award)

Also, that sim they use in the museum here that goes on to MS2004 with -6 and -34 skins/realism, where can I get it???

zilber

pilot
I guess that you have not looked at a mac lately :) I don't turn on my PeeCee anymore :) It's mac only. al13, you can get Virtual PC, and run RIOT on your mac.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who's the moron that gave me a bad rep point for saying the comment about Mac? Why don't you show your face next time.

zilber

pilot
No it wasn't me :) I do like Macs though. I just said, "Have you not looked a Mac lately?" They are much better than they used to be... I did not say anything bad though... It must have been someone else.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zilber said:
No it wasn't me :) I do like Macs though. I just said, "Have you not looked a Mac lately?" They are much better than they used to be... I did not say anything bad though... It must have been someone else.

Yeah, I know they've improved a lot. I'm just not interested in a computer that is overpriced and far too proprietary. Of course, I'm not even in the market for a computer right now.

Can't wait for my KVM switch and 40GB HD to get here though... mmm network time.

dcnj

Question on operation of RIOT trainer

Is it possible to actually fly this thing using controls? I know it has the arrows above for turning, but can we manually control altitude? I am trying to get a feel for how the T-34C flies as well as practice radio instruments. Thank you.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
dcnj said:
Is it possible to actually fly this thing using controls? I know it has the arrows above for turning, but can we manually control altitude? I am trying to get a feel for how the T-34C flies as well as practice radio instruments. Thank you.

For that you'll have to go with Microsoft Flight Simulator and a 3rd party T-34C, either the Navy's or Alpha Sim's. There is some information on both, try a search, should come up with the topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.