• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New POV registration?

MasterBates

In terms of registration, when you are a transient student (OCS, TBS, Flight School, sometimes the RAG) where you have your car registered matters far less than that it is registered. When I was going thru the pipeline, I kept my Car, Truck, and bike registered in MA. It was a stable address that I could get mail forwarded from (parent's house).

However, I got a FL DL, CWL, and FL residency for tax reasons. As I bought new vehicles in FL, then I switched my tags over, but I also had a stable address by then.

holloway

It was a stable address that I could get mail forwarded from (parent's house).

I would have done just this -- used the parents' address -- except that I was squeezed for time and couldn't get the car inspected in my home state.

On that note, when during zero week would we know which platoon well be put in? That's the last bit of info I'd need to have a usable mailing address.

-JW

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
The minute you check in at your company office they'll put you in a platoon. That may be subject to change, however, throughout zero week

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I still wasn't 25 at my first squadron. Not wanting to take the mandatory Drivers' Improvement Class (DIC) for all Marines under 25, I had to get temporary base passes. Which I did, for about 6 months, until my 25th birthday.

I thought it was complete BS that I could take out a, uh...well, I'd like to dazzle you with a huge number, but the original list for a CH-46 is like, $500,000...uh, a big-ass helicopter, but not be trusted to drive a '95 Mustang w/o a silly little course.

Exact same deal at Kaneohe Bay. I just waited a month until my birthday and then went and got the decals.

I would have done just this -- used the parents' address -- except that I was squeezed for time and couldn't get the car inspected in my home state.

After the holidays, you might want to call your county's tax and tag office and ask if there's a waiver since you're out of state and military (the military part is the important part). I had the same issue when I moved to Pensacola as a student, but my registered county (still in FL) did smog checks. I just called and they said to send a copy of my orders and the smog check went away. Probably would work the same for "safety" inspections, which are ususally just a user fee...at least that's what it was in Hawaii.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.

Your state makes you get your car inspected even if your out of state? Man CA is strict. In PA, if the car is not driven in the state it doesn't have to be inspected. If I go back though I have 10 days to get it inspected. Kinda makes sense to me.

MasterBates

Your state makes you get your car inspected even if your out of state? Man CA is strict. In PA, if the car is not driven in the state it doesn't have to be inspected. If I go back though I have 10 days to get it inspected. Kinda makes sense to me.

BurghGuy,

Make sense and Kali laws are like Blondes and Intelligence.

One of the two does not belong.

Don't get me wrong, I think California is nice. They just have REALLY screwed up laws for things I like.

Guns & Cars mostly.