• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Pensacola BOQ? Incoming single SNA's required to live there?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just got an email from my CO this morning that said EVERYONE, SNAs and SNFOs all, would be required to live in the BOQ for the entire time in Pcola. Anyone else heard this?

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
CommodoreMid, we just got the email at AU saying the same thing from NASC. Our XO just got back from P'Cola and confirmed it after talking with the XO down there. If you have follow on orders to Whiting Field you will draw Per Diem while at API but it will stop when you report to WF, I assume the same would be true for Corpus or Vance people.

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm going NFO, so would I have to live in the Q for all of primary, intermediate, and advanced too (assuming I'm there that long)? Or since the SNAs move after API, would we get to leave the BOQ and collect BAH after that point?

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
CommodoreMid, from the email we got it from our XO it said starting in May when building 226 is complete all TW-6 SNFO will be living there as well.

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CommodoreMid, from the email we got it from our XO it said starting in May when building 226 is complete all TW-6 SNFO will be living there as well.

Ah damn, oh well. I'm just kinda pissed that last weekend my roommate and I drove down to scope out apartments, and now our whole trip was worthless. Wish I had known about this a week ago! :yell_125: At least I don't have to buy furniture now.

Does anyone know what the BOQ is like? I've been in the VQ there which was pretty much like a hotel room. Are the rooms decently sized, do we have kitchens, etc?

phrogpilot73

Does anyone know what the BOQ is like? I've been in the VQ there which was pretty much like a hotel room. Are the rooms decently sized, do we have kitchens, etc?
My buddy opted to live there while going through the NFO syllabus. You get two rooms (a living room and a bedroom), a bathroom, and a kitchenette. There were TV's in both the living room and the bedroom. The bathroom was off the bedroom, and the kitchenette was part of the living room. They weren't bad digs - and he could stumble back from the O'Club. Of course, this was almost 10 years ago.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Well I guess the jig is up then...sorry guys. It won't be too bad, at least for the SNA's. Many of you will be on your way to Corpus in a few short weeks/months anyways and on the upside the base is a lot closer to Pensacola Beach than anywhere on Perdido (though farther if you felt the need to brave Warrington)

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
If Navy construction work gets completed by a projected date I will be impressed.

USF_Bull

So my LT just infomed me that all incoming single SNA's will be required to live in the BOQ in Pensacola. He was told that a new BOQ just opened which they're going to fill...

Anybody heard anything else to this effect? I believe it is the JUNROTC CO who is overseeing all of this right now...at least thats what my LT told me.

Can anyone confirm this? I just got a lab puppy and this would really put me in a bind...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, I heard about it in the other thread discussing single SNAs having to live in the BOQ.

war eagle

I've heard the same thing from our XO and from our aviation LT. It looks like it will apply to all CTW-6 SNFO's at NASP too. At least that's the vibe I'm getting...