• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEW NFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny778

WSO
None
I will be reporting into NAS Pensacola July 9th and was wondering if anyone else on here is doing the same, and if anyone else is looking for a place to live.

johnny778

WSO
None
ok, apparently no one else on here falls into my category, but thanks for the 5 star rating! :)

Any salty NFOs have advice on whether I should look for housing now, or just wait till I get to Pensacola?

Thx

isshinwhat

None
I'm hoping to be in Marine OCS this Fall on an air contract, but I live in Pensacola right now. Housing here really isn' t much of a problem, especially during summer. I moved here a little over a year ago and had no trouble at all finding a place.

http://www.apartmentguide.com/searc...qsAdvancedSearch=&wsv_qsNoAreas=&wsv_qsSFlg=1

Here's the results for the northwest Florida search on Apartment Guide's website. If you need anything, feel free to send me a message and I'll try to help out.

Cal

I'm going to be reporting to Pensacola on 14 June, along with one of my buddies and we will be looking for a place to live. We got the ISO program so we will be around for 6 months before doing anything so we would definitely like a place of base.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Johnny,
Assuming you are commissioned...Take a week of "House Hunting Leave." (No cost TAD) It's free and you can find the place you want to stay.
ea6bflyr

atogg16

When it comes to looking for apartments, try apartment.com or forrent.com. Both web sites give you good info on different places, and you can see what the floorplans look like, what the community has to offer, etc. After I was commissioned, I was stashed in Jacksonville before I moved to Pensacola. I found my place in Pensacola online, and had everything set up without ever setting a foot in the place. However, if you can get house hunting leave, go for it, it's 10 free days of leave, might as well use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.