• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New NFO to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

savingthisone

Bri75pen. Thanks much, very informative. Not sure what all the terms are Vt 4, VT 10, VT 86. Assume training units but they have no relevance to the unwashed, as i am!! Any furter information, insights what to look for would be appreciated. Tried to get into the CNATRA site but still not permitted. Perhaps they know me! hehehehe

quick aside, are SNFO's in the T 6 in primary? Yet?

Thanks again. can hardly wait.

brian-75

actually been a member here awhiel but think my previous login name got deleted...anyways..VT-4 Warbucks, VT-10 Wildcats, and VT-86 Sabrehawks are all training squadrons. All of these are the squadrons at NAS pensacola. You start in vt-4 or 10 (random selection after API complete), go through primary which is about 14-15 weeks (weather dependent), then select props or jets, jets stay in the squadron currently in (4 or 10)and props go to San Antonio as stated above. After intermediate which is an additional 12-14 weeks (2 weeks at end for t-39 flights), you select jets (vt-86) or e-2 hawkeyes (vaw-120). hawkeyes go to norfolk while jets go to vt-86 to either be prowlers, vikings, tomcats or super hornets. As for the T-6 we have about 14 or so of them and last week was to be the first students flights but got cancelled due to weather..hehe...T-6's are awesome compared to the t-34 and even have ejection seats as opposed to climbing out of the plane in the t-34...but once you go jets you dont want props again. Lots of work initially with sims and learning what is required of you...by the time you get to vt-86 and know whether you go strike or strike fighter you have a much easier time (i use that term loosely) and see the light at the end of the tunnel as opposed for me 1 year ago was in API right now...

savingthisone

bigeyes_125.gif
Super. Thanks much. As i said, can hardly wait. Are there many slots for the Super Hornet? Understand that Viking and Prowler will both be replaced by Super Hornet (as well as Tomcat) but guess pipeline will contine to them for some time. Pardon my ignorance but trying to get up to speed and be better informed. Thanks again and best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.