• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New News for OCC 185

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

Im sure most of you read most of my posts, but I was a non-select 184 NFO applicant. My oso had said a month ago that there would be no NFO or ground slots available until atleast June. But Fri I got the call that there are now 3 ground slots available for 185. So I guess this is good news and bad news. Good news is that I atleast can apply for something, and have a shot at becoming an officer this January. Bad news is that the competition must still be fierce and that ITS NOT AIR. Ive been busting my hump trying to get an air slot (including going to flight school on a regular basis and taking a swim class at my local college). All this determination has made me want Air more than anything else. So now... advice? Is it possible to get in as ground and then transfer to air (NFO)? I heard this "was" possible at TBS, but nowadays, with all the competition, is it still? I mean, I have to give it the shot, I want to be an officer first and foremost, but if anyone has an inside scoop, let me know. In the mean time, I just need to get that 300 PFT and get my butt in 185.

-Also, 1 Week till 184!!!! Good luck guys and gals... I wish I was with ya!

Taxman2A

War were declared.
I'm in Fox company at TBS right now (it just started 3 weeks ago). This last week they sent around a piece of paper that you could sign if you wanted to compete for an Air slot, and one if you wanted to drop your air slot. I think it will still be competetive, but as of now it is still possible. Good luck and Semper Fi.

plumberphil

Selected PLC-C 186 Ground
Is it possible for you to hold off on OCC until Air slots do open up? I don't know how that works. I heard last week that the Marine Corps "opened the flood gates" for Pilot's and NFO's.

Jake

reapergm

plumberphil- Where did you hear that? Yeah.. Id definetely hold up for an Air slot if I knew there was going to be one. But my oso said there arent going to be any nfos for awhile. The only reason Im alittle nervous is that Im getting older.. I dont wanna back myself in a corner where I can get in either way if I have this shot now. But hell, keep me posted, I would love to find out the flood gates are opening!

RANGEWARDEN

Take a ground slot if you can get it. The Marine Corps doesnt want pilots it wants officers that happen to be pilots; if you just want to fly you can always be a "SQUID" or a "FLYBOY". You can also put your package in as NFO but have your OSO tell the board you will take ground.
where is your OSO?

GOOD LUCK

reapergm

Im out of Albany NY. I heard that you can only put in one application for either ground, air-na, or air-nfo with no backup. I have to apply for January, because yes... I do want to be a Marine officer 1st and foremost. See what happens.

kaiken82

Reapergm,

Same story here, almost. I was informed friday that my age-waiver was shot down at MCRC for the 185, then this morning my OSS call to tell me that MCRC will approve the waiver if I am willing to sign a ground contract-- I naturally said HELL YEAH!!! Anybody out there selected Air coming out of TBS lately????

megrey06

Kingsville
Kaiken,
I'm at TBS in Fox Co. and they are offering 19 air slots out of our class for those who are ground and want to switch. So it is possible.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.