• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New MOH Stamp Issued - Honors WWII Recipients

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
On 11 November 2013, Veteran's Day, the USPS released the new Medal Of Honor Stamp, honoring the 464 WWII MOH Recipients. They come in a cardboard folder which contains 2 stamps on the front, surrounded by portraits of 12 of the honored recipients; and the reverse side an additional 18 stamps in 3 rows of 6.
New MOH Stamp.png
Uniquely, the folder opens up, and contains the names of all 464 honorees.
New MOH Stamps-1.png
The Medal stamp portraits are divided with 1o stamps displaying the face of the Medal, and 10 showing the reverse.
  • New MOH Stamps-2.jpg
Each folder of 20 first class stamps is priced at $9.20, or 46 cents per. They are unmarked denomination, or 'Forever' stamps. assuring they remain valid despite future first class rate hikes. Beautiful postage!:)
BzB

exNavyOffRec

I was just at the post office today, if I would have known I would have bought some! I guess I will be making a trip to the post office again, nice thing about forever stamps is well.... they are good forever!!

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess I will be making a trip to the post office again, nice thing about forever stamps is well.... they are good forever!!
True dat, and if you are among the few who still use 'Snajl Mail' extensively, load up on your first class 0.46 forever stamps before years end. On 27 January, 2014 first class stamp prices will be jacked to 0.49/ea.:rolleyes:

:D*Cue chorus of "Diamonds, er.. Stamps Are Forever"!:eek:
BzB

Renegade One

None
index.php

Standing by for USAF butt-hurt…even though they were obviously included in the Army version during WWII...

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
index.php

Standing by for USAF butt-hurt…even though they were obviously included in the Army version during WWII...
One I remember fer shure was Major Leo K. Thorsness USAF, piloting an F-105 "Thud" in April, 1967, in Injun Country. He was also a POW. I'm sure there were more.;)

Edit: Just 'membered, COL George "Bud" Day USAF - Vietnam POW MOH

Hell, they should have gotten AFCs just for flying that bomb-laden Dumpster!:eek:
BzB