• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Maritime Recon Aircraft

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Very cool stuff. But why CBP and not USCG? Is CBP taking a bigger role in the ISR portion?

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
That is some great stuff. I am actually writing a final paper on what we should do to keep fighting drug trafficking and this will be in there.

On a side note, I will still do poorly because the prof is a total hippie. On her office is a large sign that says "end the drug war." I can't win...

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
That is some great stuff. I am actually writing a final paper on what we should do to keep fighting drug trafficking and this will be in there.

On a side note, I will still do poorly because the prof is a total hippie. On her office is a large sign that says "end the drug war." I can't win...

No one can, hence the reason the drug war will forever be a budgetary drain. If the government could find a way to legalize weed and tax it en mass, it would be legal in a heartbeat.

Hard drugs, on the other hand, are a totally different story.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
(a) If they're paying $28MM for used Dash 8-200's someone's getting ripped - unless it's all in the surveillance gear
(b) I wonder what that dude's gonna do w/ his Glock 9 at 10,000 ft? Shoot a hole in the floor of the a/c?

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
(b) I wonder what that dude's gonna do w/ his Glock 9 at 10,000 ft? Shoot a hole in the floor of the a/c?

Seriously, it's not like they're going to have to ditch and fight off a drug-smuggling destroyer flotilla while waiting for pickup

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Seriously, it's not like they're going to have to ditch and fight off a drug-smuggling destroyer flotilla while waiting for pickup

Makes him feel "operational"

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

The customs dudes act like they feel naked without their sidearms. The guys in corpus were the same way...9's at their sides even when they were buttoning up a P-3... :confused:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

The customs dudes act like they feel naked without their sidearms. The guys in corpus were the same way...9's at their sides even when they were buttoning up a P-3... :confused:

If they are Special Agents I believe they are required to wear them when on duty.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They are required to wear them on duty. It's part of the badge-and-gun Federal Agent law enforcement thing. Seems silly from the outside, but it's all designed so that the busts made stand up in court.

Not to threadjack, but that article on the HC-144 mentioned it was built by EADS in Spain. How did the CG get around all the Buy American stuff that's giving the AF tanker project such heartburn?

CoastieFlyer

Box Lunch Connoisseur
pilot
Not to threadjack, but that article on the HC-144 mentioned it was built by EADS in Spain. How did the CG get around all the Buy American stuff that's giving the AF tanker project such heartburn?

There's a loooooooooooonnnnnnngggg story on that one based on rumors and speculation.

I was surprised that we didn't follow suit with CBP and get Dash-8's as well since we are in the same department doing basically the same missions. It would make the transition over a lot smoother but I don't get paid the big bucks that the acquisition people get to sit behind a desk and make those big time decisions.

Yea, foreign aircraft, but look at the HU25 that the HC144 is replacing....a French built aircraft.