• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

** NEW ** Maritime Cyber Warfare Officer (1885)

number9

Contributor
It was shared to me from my OR (04 type) that they’re not taking DCOs for 1885 at this time but any 1815/1825 could redesignate after earning your pin.
If you are qualified as 1815/1825/1835 and then redesignate to 1835 and qualify, do you get to wear two pins?!

snake020

Contributor
I get that, but what happens if you qualify for two of the designators?

This is mostly tongue-in-cheek, but not quite 100%..
Nothing. Designator qual has almost nothing to do with IWO qual, except having it (18xx or space cadre) is a prerequisite to getting IWO.

number9

Contributor
sorry im super green. what do you mean earn your pin? how long does that take
When you are become fully qualified in your job and "earn" your warfare designator, you literally get a pin for your khaki uniform and a patch for your NWU uniform. Thus, getting qualified is also referred to as "getting pinned". Most people, at least in the Reserves, take 2-3 years to get pinned.

Here is the Officer pin for the Information Warfare Community:

information_dominance_corps_warefare_officer_insignia_1612_613cb12f-85ac-4f6b-ac2b-0740f47e9618_1024x1024.jpeg

There is a pin for the Enlisted as well, but it is silver and not gold.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
When you are become fully qualified in your job and "earn" your warfare designator,
Not quite. You need to earn your designator qualification and then IWO qualification to earn the pin. In the reserves I think you have 3 years to get your desginator qualification and 5 years for IWO.

number9

Contributor
Not quite. You need to earn your designator qualification and then IWO qualification to earn the pin. In the reserves I think you have 3 years to get your desginator qualification and 5 years for IWO.
Thanks for keeping me honest. In my unit, you're basically expected to do the IWO board a a couple of months after INTEL, but yes - you are right.