• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Marine Corps Commercial

VIZKRIEG

KILL
Concur, though the dragon was somewhat entertaining, at least this one is all real Marine Corps action.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I actually thought this one was pretty good as well. Being that I'm working in recruiting now I'm sure we'll be getting a new DVD at the office here pretty soon :) thanks for posting up phrog.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
+1 for the USMC again. I really liked the one with the silent drill team, and this one was just as good. I recently saw the Air Force "Above All" commercial and tried not to laugh. "Army Strong" is just really lame.

IMO the USMC has the best ad campaign, followed by the Navy - even though I think we are still accelerating our lives, yes?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
This one provides a good juxtaposition to the sentimentality drenched SDT commercial. Both are great.

I know I saw the uber alles commercial, but I don't remember anything about it. That says something.

If "Army Strong" works for them, then that's what works. It would be better if they could tout their warrior ethos, but they have to have one first.

The Navy recruiting...Any advertising that can get an 18 year old guy to live in a steel grey box and get abused by chiefs is pure genius.

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
The Navy recruiting...Any advertising that can get an 18 year old guy to live in a steel grey box and get abused by chiefs is pure genius.

Spot-on! Plus, my roommate hates all of the new USMC commercials (they make us look like pussies, they need to show us blowing more sh*t up), and I hate him so it sort of works out that I get overly pumped when they come on, just out of spite. :icon_smil

Oh how I love living with a Marine Sgt. turned liberal anti-war college kid.

/thread jack

tlord82

pilot
Aaahh, again no Hornet shots. I guess we're not "Marine" enough like the Harrier:icon_wink

Great commercial though, especially with the slow motion silent drill team shot.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I think that the last 2 or 3 Marine commercials are really well made. Very nicley done. They also get me motivated, but then again, I've already joined.

The new "army strong ones" are good, too. I think it's a pretty good message. Much better than before.

The navy commercials imply that everybody in the navy is either a Hornet pilot, a SEAL, or some kind of nuclear-computer-operating spy. I'd say that they're somewhat less than representative of actual life in the navy. Some might even say total horseshit.

The air force new cyberspace commando is about as gay as it comes. They've got a lot better things to tout than that, but evidently they're somehow short of nerds.

Aaahh, again no Hornet shots. I guess we're not "Marine" enough like the Harrier

Selective memory. There was plenty of Hornet love in the last few before this one. For as short as we were in this one, most kids won't know the difference. Plus they love to show the ever-so-tactical vertical takeoff.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The navy commercials imply that everybody in the navy is either a Hornet pilot, a SEAL, or some kind of nuclear-computer-operating spy. I'd say that they're somewhat less than representative of actual life in the navy. Some might even say total horseshit.

Doesn't matter how rocking your heavy metal soundtrack is, shots of sailors needle-gunning, painting, swabbing heads, mess cranking, and running chains don't tend to motivate the average 18yr old.

phrogpilot73

Doesn't matter how rocking your heavy metal soundtrack is, shots of sailors needle-gunning, painting, swabbing heads, mess cranking, and running chains don't tend to motivate the average 18yr old.
Very good point. That's why this is so relevant. And yes, I know it's a repost - but it's still funny.

I'm sure glad that I didn't join the Marines. All those guys seem to do is climb sheer mountain faces with their bare hands.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream

Very true. I just think that a little "truth in advertising" is in order. Do the other services exaggerate their experiences a little? Sure. That's parts of advertising. The navy commercials just seem like pure fantasy to me, though.

My favorite commercial ever still has to be for the super badass air force combat weathermen, though.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Very true. I just think that a little "truth in advertising" is in order. Do the other services exaggerate their experiences a little? Sure. That's parts of advertising. The navy commercials just seem like pure fantasy to me, though.

My favorite commercial ever still has to be for the super badass air force combat weathermen, though.

I agree...I'm just pointing out that the reality doesn't make for good propaganda.

Maybe something along the lines of "We don't have any bases in Mynock SD, and ships don't have foxholes*"

*until your IA, of course

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Very good point. That's why this is so relevant. And yes, I know it's a repost - but it's still funny.

Thanks, missed this the first time and I think I might have peed a little bit when I read it. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time. :D

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Oh just stop it. The lava monster called and said he's starting to feel neglected.