• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Initiatives from SECNAV

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone else wishing they had taken the SWOpain for four short years so they could go do anything else right now? I could be an investment banker, fucking millions out of their retirements and fueling my ferrari with dead kittens right now instead of being a part of this stupid shit.
Wash your mouth out with soap, then tear up your man card.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Can I plead temporary insanity after I read the Diversity officer billet? I foresee more Raspberry's finding a niche in big Navy's plans.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
kool-aid-man.jpg

Looks like I need to reevaluate my career plans. The level of stupid is going up exponentially.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can I plead temporary insanity after I read the Diversity officer billet? I foresee more Raspberry's finding a niche in big Navy's plans.

So I understand you want to do a lat transfer to the Diversity Corps? :)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
So I understand you want to do a lat transfer to the Diversity Corps? :)

Lat transfer to COMCIVSTREET. Where I makes my monies and drinks my scotch at night, and no one breathalyzes me to watch a desk and a phone.

SkywardET

Contrarian
I may come off sounding like a hippie, but the whole maternity thing may turn out to be good when used appropriately. If my wife ever convinces herself it's a good idea to join as well, then I'll be thankful for that one measure out of the Honorable SECNAV.

The rest of it, however... just wow! It's probably not the end of the world though. Services can survive the tenures of individual leaders within them. A certain retired flag officer here on campus sometimes brings up the time of General Merrill McPeak and the process of "un-McPeaking" the Air Force. Any initiative that goes too far or is basically a failed experiment can be brought back from the brink to something much more reasonable.

If the near future is fucked, maybe the more distant one is brighter?

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
Was showing up drunk to duty section an honest to god problem? I've only seen it one time and that person was handled accordingly. This seems like another typical Navy knee jerk reaction. I imagine this doing more harm than good, can you imagine duty section turn over on a Carrier where everyone had to breathalyze!?

MasterBates

I may come off sounding like a hippie, but the whole maternity thing may turn out to be good when used appropriately. If my wife ever convinces herself it's a good idea to join as well, then I'll be thankful for that one measure out of the Honorable SECNAV.

The rest of it, however... just wow! It's probably not the end of the world though. Services can survive the tenures of individual leaders within them. A certain retired flag officer here on campus sometimes brings up the time of General Merrill McPeak and the process of "un-McPeaking" the Air Force. Any initiative that goes too far or is basically a failed experiment can be brought back from the brink to something much more reasonable.

If the near future is fucked, maybe the more distant one is brighter?
hippies.jpg

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Yeah, this shit is stupid, and if I was still active it would piss me off, especially the breathalyzer for duty section crap. But these initiatives should not be anyone's deciding factor in getting out or staying in. When policies go too far one way or the other, they eventually get directed back towards the center; it's just a matter of time. The comment above about Merril McPeak is a case in point. If you're not familiar with the Air Force dress uniform debacle that happened on his watch, do a quich search on the subject. The thing is, you guys (and gals) wearing wings of gold have it pretty good compared to most people. Unless you want to retire or work for yourself, you're going to find the same kind of chicken shit policies in any civilian work place, and it's likely that the people that you're working for and with as a civilian won't be as smart, honest or motivated as the shipmates that you have now.

Long deployments that separate you from your family for 6+ months are a valid reason for getting out; those aren't going to go away anytime soon. Getting out because you disagree with a SECNAV's policy initiatives is short sighted.