• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New here, Already sad about API ect.

nfoloveschio

So I am new. I think this is how you post. I am not sure. WHere should I post. He isn't there yet. My boyfriend is at USNA. He starts API in July. It was suppose to be October, we were suppose to have some time together in DC. I start at George Washington University for two years of grad school. But like everything, things changed. He gave up Oct. for a guy who was getting married. Nice, but still broke my heart.

Anyone else long distance right now? How does that work? feel? Do they have ANY free time? I am dreading it. I am really worried and sad about it. I know I have to do school and so does he. I just hate change. How is it going for everyone else?

okay. I am done, just wanted to introduce myself.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
If he's got a report date of July... he'll not start for a long while. Wait for NFO's is up to like 6-8 months...

I'm doing the distance thing right now. My fiance is in Philly, and I'm down here in P-cola in the middle of API. I don't have alot of free time. Work's not that hard... API is just ALOT of info being thrown at you.

If you want, send a PM to ViolinPrincess (my fiance) and ask her how she handles it. I have no clue as to how she does it, but gotta give her props for handling it.

Also, join the Private Spouses Corner forum... word on the street is there's alot of good info there.

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
I was separated from my wife for 2 years in my first assignment. Trust me, it sucks. You'll tend to get frustrated because you have to do the long-distance thing, and might take it out on each other, especially if you have a stressful day. The trick is not letting the frustration take over and keep communicating with each other! If you are both willing to try, then the relationship will last. Oh, and keep in mind that we are guys, and we are going to do dumb stuff, it's in our DNA. Don't hold it against him, unless he really deserves it. Good luck, and trust me, it will all be better in the end.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm biting my tongue. :icon_tong
PM me if you want my sermon on this topic. :D

Brett

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Brett327 said:

Brett

But I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who haven't read your wise advice Brett.:shades_12

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Brett327 said:

Brett
emperor.jpg

"Use your aggressive feelings, Brett! Let the hate flow through you!"

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Hey there! Glad you found us. :) I know I already wrote you a novel on this topic on another site so I'll skip it here.

To Join the Private Spouses Corner Forum:
Go to your "User CP", click on "Group Memberships" (near the bottom on the right hand side), and request to join the Private Spouses Corner group. Once you do that, I will approve it and you'll be in.

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
Welcome!! There are many like you on this forum. Join us in the PSC and we will help answer your questions as best as we can. You will find a lot of information about what API involves and such here in the public forums as well.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
eddie said:
emperor.jpg

"Use your aggressive feelings, Brett! Let the hate flow through you!"

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eddie again.

Welcome to the forum nfoloveschio.

zelda

Nomad
nfoloveschio said:
Anyone else long distance right now? How does that work? feel? Do they have ANY free time? I am dreading it. I am really worried and sad about it. I know I have to do school and so does he. I just hate change. How is it going for everyone else?

I've done some form of long-distance with my boyfriend for 5 years.

My trick: Finding some great hobbies, especially ones that can take up good chunks of free time and get you out there meeting new people.

Last summer, I ended up buying a road bike and training for a triathlon. Funny enough, my boyfriend bought one on his end too! :icon_smil It gave us something new to talk about each time we did rides. A couple of years ago, I pulled out the running shoes and joined a group to train for a marathon. Each of these kept me focused for 4-6 months at a time. They made all the difference for me.

Isela

FutureMrsNelis

My fiance and I are apart right now. I won't lie, it does suck, but you'll find ways to make it more bearable!! We have a weekly date night. We set up our web cams, eat dinner, and watch a movie together...kind of cheesy but it's fun!! Make time to talk every day too! Good luck!!

Recidivist

For those of you that are long distance, how often do you actually get to see your spouses/girlfriends/boyfirends?

countessgt

Also new to airwarriors...

If you stay positive and support each other everything will be OK. When my bf was in API we talked at least twice a day usually, and I visited him while he was there (that takes some money saving, which both of you should be willing to do).

My BF and I have always been long distance, and it sucks, but you can make it work. Also, it gets a little better during primary, they have a little more time on their hands (depending on how good of a student they are teehee).