• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new guy here

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
still email ben and bill.and sure, i remember the dog.

you can find ben on facebook.

also remember spook yakely. he has a lt as navpro . did pretty well for himself :)
some other names,

bill lindner
vince lesh
smoke watts
miles pinneman
joe becker
bob walters
gary ferguson
tom ohara
there was one iran taft guy who wound up as a hostage in , don sharer. he had been a calverton navpro.
pretty sure he ended his career as a vf co

Hot Dog is a member of AW, but not a regular. I met him as he came to DC post TAFT to debrief and stayed in touch. He founded Whitney, Bradley & Brown which I joined upon retirement in 1994. He's retired from WBB now, but still prowling the beltway in a Ferrari these days. We just got together last Tue in DC.

I seem to recall Mule Holmberg was a Marine RIO instructor with TAFT and regulars like Jess Parnell and Dog Doyle who ferried Tomcats over. Don Sharer returned from captivity with a nice medal for standing up to captors. When asked what he wanted for assignment, he said a fighter squadron command of course. He was assigned as XO of VF-101 first and then direct inputted into VF-11. He subsequently was promoted to O-6 and I believe ran Dam Neck before retiring.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
thanks for the update, heyjoe
my mom used to tell me, "don't get old, son."
with some difficulty i was able to come up with a few more names,
sparky lyle
cowboy brotherton
joe reeves
pd donalson
joe travethan
cash calaway
tom pavlock
skip mienhold
question
what do i do to have my rio wings placed in my signature?

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hot Dog is a member of AW, but not a regular. I met him as he came to DC post TAFT to debrief and stayed in touch. He founded Whitney, Bradley & Brown which I joined upon retirement in 1994. He's retired from WBB now, but still prolong the beltway in a Ferrari these days. We just got together last Tue in DC. ...
Say hi to Hot Dog whenever you see him for me. He and his lovely wife made it to our reunion last summer in San Diego. Same old Dog as when I flew on his wing and he waved me aboard many years ago. He also saved my life once. His wife frequents FB, so you might also keep in touch with him through her.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
thanks for the update, heyjoe
my mom used to tell me, "don't get old, son."
with some difficulty i was able to come up with a few more names,
sparky lyle
cowboy brotherton
joe reeves
pd donalson
joe travethan
cash calaway
tom pavlock
skip mienhold
question
what do i do to have my rio wings placed in my signature?

Sparky was my CO in VF-102. He in Linda call Colorado home these days. Last heard, Skip was working for Raytheon in Tucson.

Say hi to Hot Dog whenever you see him for me. He and his lovely wife made it to our reunion last summer in San Diego. Same old Dog as when I flew on his wing and he waved me aboard many years ago. He also saved my life once. His wife frequents FB, so you might also keep in touch with him through her.

Will do. He's trying to interest my domain in dome technology as of late so we talk several times a week, but I hardly see Nora Lee these days. I worked for WBB for 9 years so we became pretty good friends. She's a great lady.....

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Don Sharer returned from captivity with a nice medal for standing up to captors. When asked what he wanted for assignment, he said a fighter squadron command of course. He was assigned as XO of VF-101 first and then direct inputted into VF-11. He subsequently was promoted to O-6 and I believe ran Dam Neck before retiring.

Capt. Sharer was the CO of NAS Dallas in the '86-'88 timeframe when I was there.