• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New custom build....

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Thought I'd share my new build with you. I always treat myself to a new gun when I finish a deployment. Decided to go with a full custom 300/221 Blackout. The build took almost nine months but that was mainly due to the stock running behind. A gentleman in Co built it for me.
Modified Rem 700 action with sako extractor and tactical bolt knob
16" Brux heavy barrel with 1 in 8" twist (threaded for surpressor)
Jewell trigger set at 8 oz
Manners stock with adjustable cheek piece
CDI bottom metal and magazine
I added a NF 20 MOA two piece base
NF Med rings
NF NXS 5.5-22x56
I just received it so haven't fired it yet. Got brass formed, primed and ready. Just need time.
IMG_32102.JPG

IMG_32121.JPG

IMG_32131.JPG

Once I get out to the range I'll post the results.
This is my first custom rifle and I'm excited about it.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Alright, one step closer. Got some loads worked up, not just have to get to the range.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was that a sponge paint job on the stock?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Kinda looks that way, doesn't it. I'm not sure what technique or process Manners uses on their stocks.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I have two different subsonic loads worked up that are sub-MOA out to about 250 then MOA+ from 250 out to 450. The seating depth still needs some tweaking but overall I'd say I have the %90 solution.

Fun to shoot and yes, it's very quiet.

As soon as I get back from my month long hiatus in Pensacola I'll be hitting the range.

Renegade One

None
Thought I'd share my new build with you.
This is my first custom rifle and I'm excited about it.
And this going to be your "go to" gun for...what? NA small game hunting? Varmints? Looks no good for Fleet/All Navy rifle... So, what?
Don't get me wrong...I'm a "gun kinda guy". But every gun I have was purchased/built for a purpose. Just wondering if there's yet another purpose I haven't adequately considered...cuz the correct number of guns is "Just one more".

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
And this going to be your "go to" gun for...what? NA small game hunting? Varmints? Looks no good for Fleet/All Navy rifle... So, what?
Don't get me wrong...I'm a "gun kinda guy". But every gun I have was purchased/built for a purpose. Just wondering if there's yet another purpose I haven't adequately considered...cuz the correct number of guns is "Just one more".

Considering I'm at least two deep for all of my hunting/shooting/carrying applications this very easily falls into the "Why the F not" category. The purpose is easy: my enjoyment!

Any questions?

Renegade One

None
Considering I'm at least two deep for all of my hunting/shooting/carrying applications this very easily falls into the "Why the F not" category. The purpose is easy: my enjoyment!

Any questions?
None at all...probably the best reason of all for a new purchase. Perfectly explains that Springfield Trapdoor Officer's Model in .45-70 I bought two years ago...and the .60 caliber British Baker Rifle I bought last year...after becoming addicted to the "Sharpe's Rifles" BBC TV series.:)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
None at all...probably the best reason of all for a new purchase. Perfectly explains that Springfield Trapdoor Officer's Model in .45-70 I bought two years ago...and the .60 caliber British Baker Rifle I bought last year...after becoming addicted to the "Sharpe's Rifles" BBC TV series.:)

Read the books, too.