• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New compact Goshawk

stickygdm

pilot

Military's downsizing... sorry, our follow-on jet trainer will be smaller.

I'm guessing from those hills in the background that the test flying wasn't done at Kingsville!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p2k5r1qEEzE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p2k5r1qEEzE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

B

Blutonski816

Geez...

Is this what they're tryin' to squeeze you into, MB??

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As soon as I saw that it was on a real runway, I thought of that scene from Ocean's Eleven where the big brother in his pickup runs over the little brother's RC copy.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I wonder if that has the PIO from the speedbrake, too.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
PIO=Pilot Induced.
Maybe is should be called SSBII. Shitty Speed Brake Interconnect Induced.

I refuse to take credit for a oscilation I did not cause. Refuse, I say. Refuse. Especially with all the ones I DID cause.

fresh

Naval Aviator and Harrier Jock
pilot
looks like this model had more gas than the ones we fly......

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
That's pretty sick. I've never tried my hand...but it seems like it would be pretty difficult to control something like that from a ground POV. Maybe I'll try it in flight sim from the "nearest tower" view.

Raptor2216

it would be prety difficult to control something like that from a ground POV

Its not hard...just takes some practice. The problem in this country with flying RC jets is all the loop holes you have to jump through to get approved. Flying fields won't even let you fly it without a permit and training. Over in Europe however, they don't give a crap. You just go out, buy one and fly it and crash it if you forget to complete the learning part. These days, you can get a jet ready to fly for about $2000.