• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New CNO? (Take 2)

exNavyOffRec

This is interesting...

It is interesting, ADM Richardson could just stick around another year, originally when he became Director of NR he would have expected to serve 8 years anyway, this is just another way to do it.

snake020

Contributor
According to the article this seems to be about not blacklisting his former PAO after he behaved badly and having continued email correspondence with him that may or may not have been questionable.

But a two star censured by SECNAV for committing graft with Fat Leonard gets a directorship for a for a Congressional commission.

Also, wasn't Adm. Richardson the one who took heat for this investigation anyway, only to survive as CNO?

Last edited:

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
More of the single defect bullshit that makes me question why anyone would want to play those games at that level...

This man has literally decades of great service to this country and we don’t get his leadership because some fucking PAO that worked for him?! How stupid must this look from the outside...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
More of the single defect bullshit that makes me question why anyone would want to play those games at that level...

This man has literally decades of great service to this country and we don’t get his leadership because some fucking PAO that worked for him?! How stupid must this look from the outside...

Did you actually read the rest of the article? Or are you being normal Pickle and rushing into judgements?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Did you actually read the rest of the article? Or are you being normal Pickle and rushing into judgements?
Read he maintained a “professional relationship” with a former PAO that was fired for getting drunk at a Christmas party (the horror) while he played Santa. And some unsubstantiated shit about emails.
Probably more to the story, but this unblemished record required bullshit is pretty tiresome.

Hell, we kept CDR Vavasseur on after she killed two people....

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
“The service substantiated allegations that Servello drank heavily at a holiday party at the Pentagon while dressed in a Santa Claus costume and acted inappropriately toward women.”

Not just getting drunk at a party...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Read he maintained a “professional relationship” with a former PAO that was fired for getting drunk at a Christmas party (the horror) while he played Santa. And some unsubstantiated shit about emails.
Probably more to the story, but this unblemished record required bullshit is pretty tiresome.

Hell, we kept CDR Vavasseur on after she killed two people....

This is going to sound messed up but at least her CAPT promotion was stalled/stopped when big Navy noticed what the hell was going on.

Also, the PAO was more than just drunk at that Xmas party...

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Years ago when I was a young pup in the Marines and Al Gray was commander of the 2nd MARDIV, he said "Zero Tolerance will destroy the Corps. I have zero tolerance for the zero tolerance mindset."

He was spot on. We will never have perfect leaders and flawless commanders and we shouldn't pretend we will.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Does this mean I should refuse to fly with the two Officers in my squadron that had DUI’s and were held accountable?

Should I have not worked for that O-5 that had the same?

I’d argue those actions put actual lives at risk and are far more harmful than drunk Santa getting handsy.

What about my Sailors that were busted down for one reason or another?

Maybe that good friend of mine who spent time in jail for beating the shit out of a guy who deserved it...I guess I am now judged by my circle and not just myself, gotta purge that list and make sure all of my associates sparkle.

This is fucking asinine, and sounds a lot more like some hurt feelings at higher paygrades.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Yes, you’re judged by the company you keep - all the more as you climb the ladder.

Knowing this is a big part of climbing that ladder.

Ignore it at your peril.

(Comparing DUI with sexual assault is another way to self-select.)