• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Cammies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt_SNA_USMC

Gentleman:
I was wondering if anyone knew when the training companies at TBS will officially adopt the new cammies for student officers. I have tentative orders for April (6 months from now or so). I have 6 sets of old serviceable cammies with name tapes etc ready to go. I heard a rumor that the old cammies were going to be "field use only" and that we were going to be required to purchase new cammies and boots for wear "in-garrison." I know at the depots and at OCS they are issueing new cammies. Does anybody have any comment on this?
Lt. Williamson, USMC

mottoalex

I am at TBS with Fox Co. Currently, we are allowed to use both types of cammies. I believe that the woodland cammies won't be phased out of TBS until required by the MARADMIN. Everybody wants the new cammies; however, they are extremely hard to find.

Espy
USMC
2nd Lt.

Lt_SNA_USMC

Mottoalex:
You say they are hard to find? Can't you buy them at cash sales over by Brown field? I thought they had completely stopped sale of the "old cammies." I saw pics from the OCS website and the candidates are wearing the new cammies at the Battalion Commander's Inspection. As far as I know, they issue new cammies at the depots and OCS now.
Lt. Williamson, USMC

Ghish

The new cammies are being issued. And you can buy them at cash sales. The problem is that they sell out quickly...pretty much at the speed of light. After Oct 1, the new cammies were pretty much released to the masses, but the demand out weighs the availability. It will probably be a little while before production will meet demand. I believe the old cammies won't be phased out till about 2005 in the fleet. As for TBS, rules change from day to day. So I would be prepared for almost anything, but currently the LTs at TBS are allowed to wear either.

To answer your question 'The Wiz', I believe all OCS classes beginning with this past summer will get issued the new cammies.

2nd Lt. Nolan

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Don't worry, after I left TBS, I didn't wear a set of for 7 years. You'll have plenty of time to buy them. Unless.....they make you wear cammies at AI now? We had to wear Charlies for EVERYTHING. As the senior Marine, I did change my Marine SDO's(Squadron Duty Officer) from Chucks to cammies for two reasons: 1. For comfort 2. it is the equivalent uniform to the Navy Khakis. Still, you may have a couple of years before buying the new issue. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.