• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New ASTB???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenth02

Someone had told me that I needed to take the ASTB soon because the board has been planning on changing the test. Has anyone heard if the ASTB is going to be replaced sometime this May,in a differant format?

SgtStash

There is a New Navy and Marine Corps Flight test currently under review. It is scheduled to replace the current ASTAB by this Summer (2004).

There is currently a TBS company that was used as a test bed for the new exam, and it Sucks!!
Much more difficult than the current exam process and much longer.

JDSINGLE

SgtStash is right on the money. I had the people from Pensacola Medical Psychology Department come and administer the old exam to my unit as well as some beta tests because they are in the process of totally revamping the ASTB. From the gouge I got, it will be taken on the computer, with 3D block counting similar to the air force flight exam. On the computer however, you will use a joystick and actually be able to move the block 360 degrees in order to count them. Also, rumor has it that the exam will be more difficult by today's test standards, so if you are waiting to take it, I would advise taking the old one because we all have a pretty good idea what's on this one. Hope this helps

hellodollies

yes, the ASTB is being replaced, I was stashed at NOMI Operational Psych this fall while waiting for API and I was assigned to work on some of the new sections, much more difficult and tougher screening.

p1nky1298

Death Dealers
Is the new ASTB coming out in the beginning of the summer, or more towards the end? Maybe early fall? Any update would be very much appreciated.

afrogurl

I heared the same thing and that is why I am taking it now (March 11) so I would suggest the same to you Kenth02 GOOD LUCK!

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
My recruiter called me tuesday and said that the new ASTB will be used beginning this April, 2004. He had me take it today (thursday) so that if I needed to retake it, I could be "grandfathered" into the retake of the old exam. I took it and ended up doing well. I definitely won't have to worry about a retake! Definitely take it as soon as possible, because we all know how to prepare for the old one, but the new one is still a mystery! If you have any questions, message me! ~Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.