• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New ASTB test prep

Trafalgar

I used that book studying for the test. I think it is a good book to use. The math, verbal and mechanical seemed very close to the actual test, in my opinion.

However, it really skimps on the spatial apperception, so you'll need another source for that.

I scored a 7/7/6/56, so I guess it helped, sorta, maybe.

The Stoic

Spatial apperception was pretty good with the ARCO books.

Why is it saying i spelled apperception wrong? Hmm...

Fetter

I used this book and it helped me get a 7/8/7 on the first shot.

The spatial isn't really worth the time, a couple of the answers are wrong on the prep tests. What I recommend is flying a pc sim from the outside view, pause, and look at the cockpit view.

Beam Tenfold

I am on a DDG, and no one onboard knows anything about how to sign up for the ASTB. Can someone please tell me who I contact to take this test?

Conaway

An officer recruiter. In the mean time, use the Arco books for study material.

This is just my opinion, but the I thought the Arco book was crap. It's good for getting a feel for the format of the test, but that's about it. With the exception of the spacial apperception section, I had to use alot of other sources for study material. I'm going to be taking the ASTB for the last time in January, I might check out this book. I got a 5/6/5 both times with the ARCO book.