• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEW ASTB Overview

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For STA-21, your ASTB scores just let you in the door. What is most important for your STA-21 package is the rest of the stuff. Take a look at the STA-21 section of this board.

-ea6bflyr ;)

jbalesi

"Poop Dick"
None
For STA-21, your ASTB scores just let you in the door. What is most important for your STA-21 package is the rest of the stuff. Take a look at the STA-21 section of this board.

If you're trying to get into OCS, what are competitive scores for Supply Corps? I take the test in two weeks, and I'm just curious

exNavyOffRec

If you're trying to get into OCS, what are competitive scores for Supply Corps? I take the test in two weeks, and I'm just curious

I have seen guys get selected for Supply with a 40 and guys turned down with mid 60.

You will have time to take it again if you don't like your scores, right now they have more FY 13 selects than FY 13 billets, so I wouldn't count on a supply board until January 2013, might be earlier (late this year) if they get more billets.

jbalesi

"Poop Dick"
None
You will have time to take it again if you don't like your scores, right now they have more FY 13 selects than FY 13 billets, so I wouldn't count on a supply board until January 2013, might be earlier (late this year) if they get more billets.

I would prefer Supply, but I am really open to anything at this point. To avoid asking the whole 'how does the selection process work' question, what designators are open at this point? If none are open, which are 'most open'/do I have the greatest chance of getting picked up for if I apply?

exNavyOffRec

I would prefer Supply, but I am really open to anything at this point. To avoid asking the whole 'how does the selection process work' question, what designators are open at this point? If none are open, which are 'most open'/do I have the greatest chance of getting picked up for if I apply?

I am guessing you have a non tech degree, if so here is what is open as of the report released Friday, all are for FY 13 OCS, Pilot - good chance with good scores, NFO - low chance, SWO - low chance.

I am guessing you have a non tech degree, if so here is what is open as of the report released Friday, all are for FY 13 OCS, Pilot - good chance with good scores, NFO - low chance, SWO - low chance.

Chief, I understand it is far out and there are always more factors than just GPA and ASTB, but how do my chances look for any of those with a 2.7 GPA and a 71 9/8/8 ASTB?

exNavyOffRec

Chief, I understand it is far out and there are always more factors than just GPA and ASTB, but how do my chances look for any of those with a 2.7 GPA and a 71 9/8/8 ASTB?

I have seen guys selected with a GPA close to that and similar scores, it is possible that those scores would make it harder for them to pass you up.

jbalesi

"Poop Dick"
None
I have seen guys selected with a GPA close to that and similar scores, it is possible that those scores would make it harder for them to pass you up.

I also have a 2.7 GPA but I have yet to take the ASTB. Figuring that I will do at least 55 or above on the ASTB and I have great recommendations like everyone else, etc... does it help that I that will have EP evals or do officer boards not really take being prior enlisted as a big advantage? Thanks for all the help, I am stationed in overseas so I can't just go somewhere to speak to an officer recruiter.

exNavyOffRec

I also have a 2.7 GPA but I have yet to take the ASTB. Figuring that I will do at least 55 or above on the ASTB and I have great recommendations like everyone else, etc... does it help that I that will have EP evals or do officer boards not really take being prior enlisted as a big advantage? Thanks for all the help, I am stationed in overseas so I can't just go somewhere to speak to an officer recruiter.

What I said only applies to Pilot/NFO, the other designators put substantial weight on GPA and little on the OAR score.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
That video game thing sucked. It was way harder than anyting I did in Primary. Maybe it's a test like this one...

last-starfighter-header.jpg