• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEW ASTB on it's way?

BerkeleyNROTC09

I've heard rumors about a new ASTB being tested in Florida by newly commissioned officers, has anyone else heard anything?

They are due for new material...god knows test prep for the ASTB is down to a science.

UMichfly

pilot
None
When I checked into A-pool a few months ago, we tested a few different computer based multi-task trainers that were intended for eventual use on the ASTB. I wouldn't look for those to come out any time soon because without any modifications, pretty much everyone would fail. Those things were the devil.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
I've heard rumors about a new ASTB being tested in Florida by newly commissioned officers, has anyone else heard anything?

They are due for new material...god knows test prep for the ASTB is down to a science.

Noooooo! Don't change the exam! :eek: I want to pass! :(

red_ryder

None
Don't worry man, it won't be for quite awhile yet. They only ~recently added forms 3-5.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
We tested the new computer system at TBS last month, let’s just say it sucks and is hard. I will submit a longer post entailing wait we all did but lets just say. Multi tasking to the hilt

EvilGN

pilot
Unfortunately the new ASTB won't be out for a while. I was on a team that evaluated questions and their toughness/relevance. The setup of questions will not be anything like what it is now.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Will there be AirWarriors based questions, like:

MasterBates lives where?

a) With the Manatee
b) With Joboy
c) Puma
d) PUMA

There, fixed it for you. Had to make it more like a normal Navy test...one right answer, two assinine answers, and one answer that's wrong but so damn close to being right that you can't tell the difference between it and the right answer.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
So, I may be the first to post this, but I'm sure not the first to think it. You do know what "DSL" stands for right? If those are your intitials, I think your call sign might already be pegged. "Lips."

I would call you callsign DOM, for "Dirty Old Man," but a true great American already took it, so callsign "Chester (the molester)" will have to work in the interim. DSL1990 is in high school, and while I don't know about the "DSL," I think the 1990 is probably her birth year. Making double entendres to schoolkids....stay classy, naval aviation!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The last ASTB was around from at least 1979, when I took it, until the late 90's. So the last one was good for over 20 years, but this one hasn't make it 10?

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
I would call you callsign DOM, for "Dirty Old Man," but a true great American already took it, so callsign "Chester (the molester)" will have to work in the interim. DSL1990 is in high school, and while I don't know about the "DSL," I think the 1990 is probably her birth year. Making double entendres to schoolkids....stay classy, naval aviation!

Thanks.