• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New AirWarriors Header

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Appreciate you taking the time to put this together, it is great!!

Unfortunately, all NCEA, TAD funding, and flight hour allocation was burned for the month in making it. Flying for the rest of the month is canceled and everyone will have to do NATOPS quizzes until the 1st of the next month. SAPR and IA ver. 23 training will be held hourly for those behind and delinquent.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Looks pretty spiffy!

Nice work, Nate!

Question: Which H-60 variant is that pictured in the header? I don't know since I've been out of the fleet for a wee bit.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
HA! I knew it.....even the helo guys themselves can't tell the difference between -60's

:)
OH, SNAP! Please don't allow my inability to tell the difference between -60's cause stereotyping throughout rotorheadville.....I've been off active duty since 1992 and I still play cassette tapes.

:D

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
OH, SNAP! Please don't allow my inability to tell the difference between -60's cause stereotyping throughout rotorheadville.....I've been off active duty since 1992 and I still play cassette tapes.

:D
I'm gonna say it's a SH-60F, because:
- It's haze gray (not A/G/J/L/M)
- Lacks the radar and has a flat left cabin window (not B/R),
- Lacks FLIR and Wire Strike protection (not H),
- Has the tailwheel on the transition section and no left cabin door (not S)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
With the new header, did we lose the "Users Awaiting..." thingy? I'm not seeing it anymore. Or is unemployment so boring you're approving people all day long?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Great job, looks awesome!

However, while awesome, it seems to be more late 90s-early naughties era Naval Aviation with the Tomcat, P-3, and 60F and is lacking the more recent additions to the fleet such as MH-60R/S, P-8, F-35, etc. WHich brings me to my next thought: @webmaster , would it be possible to have rotating banners? Make ones from different eras and areas of Naval Aviation such as 1930s biplanes with the pre-war silver, early WWII, late WWII, Korea, early 60s, Vietnam, Cold War, USMC, USCG? Maybe do some other themes like VP with PBYs to P-8s, Vietnam helos with big mother, clementine, and HAL? A Heros them with MoH and NC winners?

I'd do it, but I'm not a web guy and have no clue how to do it or the software.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Sorry guys. I haven't been around for awhile so I probably don't have any right to this, but...I think it's ugly. I said it. It looks like what somebody would make if they were making fun of AW. A parody. I'll just go back to what I was doing.