• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Air Boss takes over

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why is that weird? VF and VFA guys are a significant chunk, if not a majority, of aviation flag officers.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
INTERNET SARCASM DETECTOR FAILURE

*1. Batteries - REPLACE
*2. Power switch - OFF, then ON

Checklist complete.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The new "boss"

More correctly, he is a Fighter RIO. That's two anchors on his wings, not one.

web_061203-N-4205W-005.jpg

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
One wonders how you would be able to discern that. :rolleyes:

Brett

Well, it's a pretty simple process. Otto made an assumption that anyone could make and decided to use it as his original, interesting idea. It's a common practice among people who, instead of just listening, try to add their two cents to a conversation dominated by at least nickels. In the above case, he assumes (and I'm not going to question it either) that the VADM is a fine man and Naval Officer based on the fact that he has come so far with such success, and because he said nice things to Otto's wardroom, where the comment was likely spoken by those with a bit more experience.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Well, it's a pretty simple process. Otto made an assumption that anyone could make and decided to use it as his original, interesting idea. It's a common practice among people who, instead of just listening, try to add their two cents to a conversation dominated by at least nickels. In the above case, he assumes (and I'm not going to question it either) that the VADM is a fine man and Naval Officer based on the fact that he has come so far with such success, and because he said nice things to Otto's wardroom, where the comment was likely spoken by those with a bit more experience.

Wow. You cut to the core of me, Baxter.