• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nevy to Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

Hey guys, check out the "Navy to Marine" thread in Advanced Jets section. I want to see what Marines have to say about this one....

Dustball

2nd LT
I'm sorry if this offends any of you Navy types out there but I have to get this off my chest. I know I can't be the only Marine this interservice transfer stuff makes their blood boil. We all worked extremely hard to become Marine officers and now all you have to do raise you hand in jet advanced. We busted our humps at OCS to get the chance to attend TBS and earned the right to be there. I think they need to at least do bulldog or some sort of OCS before shipping them to TBS. They can't really just be waving their magic wand and voilla now you are a Marine. Any other Marines have a take on the subject. And no I'm not dissing on you Ensigns and LTJG's out there so don't ruffle up your panties.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Don't worry, we don't like it either.

But then again how do you think we feel down here in K'rock when you've been sitting on your rump for 4 months with another 4 months of waiting to go when a Marine who shows up yesterday gets to start in 2 weeks.

The whole situation is messed up

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dustball said:
I'm sorry if this offends any of you Navy types out there but I have to get this off my chest. I know I can't be the only Marine this interservice transfer stuff makes their blood boil. We all worked extremely hard to become Marine officers and now all you have to do raise you hand in jet advanced. We busted our humps at OCS to get the chance to attend TBS and earned the right to be there. I think they need to at least do bulldog or some sort of OCS before shipping them to TBS. They can't really just be waving their magic wand and voilla now you are a Marine. Any other Marines have a take on the subject. And no I'm not dissing on you Ensigns and LTJG's out there so don't ruffle up your panties.

Welcome to the United States Government.

I'm not a fan of the jet lat transfer idea either. The helo thing is cool...it's just a cross-service tour. I joined the Navy. I would like to stay in the Navy. (assuming of course I get to select jets and end up in jet advanced.....)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dustball said:

What will you do if you end up in a squadron with one of these guys? Not talk to him? Refuse to fly with him?

Get over it. There's nothing you can do about it.

Dustball

2nd LT
zab1001 said:
What will you do if you end up in a squadron with one of these guys? Not talk to him? Refuse to fly with him?

Get over it. There's nothing you can do about it.

Its not really the point, but if he/she was in my squadron I wouln't have much choice would I. Neglecting my feelings on the subject I have to think it would be a bad career move for a Navy guy. After all I don't read to many Colonel or General Bios that start "After receiving his commission, Ensign Squid..."

Chubby

Baby steps there. Why don't we worry about getting to a squadron before we start worrying about excluding others from it or how they got there. Bottom line is, the decision is above all of our paygrades so... smile, salute, and carry on. Just my 2 cents.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Dustball said:
Any other Marines have a take on the subject. And no I'm not dissing on you Ensigns and LTJG's out there so don't ruffle up your panties.

Wait till you finish TBS before getting to fired up. TBS will take you though enough that OCS will eventually become a distant memory. Every officer takes the same oath to defend the same constitution.
Naval aviation and Marine aviation are closely tied because they all operate off Navy ships. If they got the nuts (or ovaries PC?) to sack up and spend 6 months in Quantico, then by all means at the end of it there won’t be any freebies.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Missing OCS isn't such a big deal. TBS, maybe, but not as much as you would think if you're actually at TBS now. Guess what, USNA grads don't do OCS. Shoot, during most of WWII it really was a matter of, "raise your hand if you'd rather fly with the Marines." This is a time that may be remembered as the third world war, the one between free societies and what Mike Savage calls the Islamofascists. Corners have to be cut and sacrifices made. Deal.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't think it's a big deal. These TBS/OCS SNA's are just worried that this will take their "JET SLOT".

Status
Not open for further replies.