• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
6 days out (Sunday, 16 July) from Season 7 of Game of Thrones - looking forward to it.

And if you were wondering, yes, The Mountain (Hafthor Julius Bjornsson) is that strong, placing 2nd at the 2017 World's Strongest Man competition. (clips were from 2015)

And the guy who beat him by 1 point, the UK's Eddie Hall, here deadlifting 1020 pounds. The fat man can move some iron...

jtmedli

pilot
6 days out (Sunday, 16 July) from Season 7 of Game of Thrones - looking forward to it.

And if you were wondering, yes, The Mountain (Hafthor Julius Bjornsson) is that strong, placing 2nd at the 2017 World's Strongest Man competition. (clips were from 2015)

And the guy who beat him by 1 point, the UK's Eddie Hall, here deadlifting 1020 pounds. The fat man can move some iron...

And here I thought 400 was a good lift. WHAT A BEAST!

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
And here I thought 400 was a good lift. WHAT A BEAST!

1020 pounds is some serious weight. Eddie later achieved 1100 pounds - and basically collapsed.

Would be curious to know how much they could lift raw (no support equipment or straps). Also, neither uses a sumo style lift (arms inside the knees), they both use the traditional method.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

This seemed relevant

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/495945001/At the risk of touching off a "these damned millennial snowflakes" rant or two, I'm really puzzled by the hate and discontent over this:

Backlash for HBO's slavery series 'Confederate' intensifies

I mean..."The Man in the High Castle" is a successful and critically well-received show, and that's about a defeated and occupied United States full of American Nazis and Japanese collaborators. "Underground Airlines" is a successful novel about almost exactly the same premise (alternate history where slavery still exists in a modern America). The showrunners are the guys behind "GoT". Why the fuck are so many people assuming this is "Birth of a Nation Part 2"?

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/495945001/At the risk of touching off a "these damned millennial snowflakes" rant or two, I'm really puzzled by the hate and discontent over this:

Backlash for HBO's slavery series 'Confederate' intensifies

I mean..."The Man in the High Castle" is a successful and critically well-received show, and that's about a defeated and occupied United States full of American Nazis and Japanese collaborators. "Underground Airlines" is a successful novel about almost exactly the same premise (alternate history where slavery still exists in a modern America). The showrunners are the guys behind "GoT". Why the fuck are so many people assuming this is "Birth of a Nation Part 2"?

Not surprised because these are probably the same citizens who don't realize we were one fucked up confederate charge at Gettysburg from this being an actual reality.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Not Netflix, but the actual big screen in November. "Darkest Hour" with Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill looks very promising.

Renegade One

None
Not Netflix, but the actual big screen in November. "Darkest Hour" with Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill looks very promising.
You could field a cricket squad with all of the great actors who have knocked their portrayals of Churchill out of the park. And still I can't get enough.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You could field a cricket squad with all of the great actors who have knocked their portrayals of Churchill out of the park. And still I can't get enough.

You can, if you count Richard Burton twice. Which is fair...he's Richard goddamned Burton.

Darkest Hour (2017) – Gary Oldman
Churchill (2017) – Brian Cox
The Crown (2016) – John Lithgow
Churchill's Secret (2016) – Michael Gambon
The King's Speech (2010) – Timothy Spall
Into the Storm (2009) – Brendan Gleeson
The Gathering Storm (2002) – Albert Finney
World War II: When Lions Roared (1994) – Bob Hoskins
The Gathering Storm (1974) and The Valiant Years (1960–63) – Richard Burton
The Man Who Never Was (1956) – Peter Sellers (voice only)

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Sci-Fi
Battleships
Warp Engines
Wave Motion Gun

In Japanese with English subtitles on Youtube... Space Battleship Yamato