• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Neil Armstrong's primary grades

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Curses! The wily Tomcat fellows have stumbled onto the Hawkeye-Hornet Conspiracy!

My old boss who just retired and former F-14 driver told me the other day that many believe the one F-14 shot down in the Gulf War was downed by a Mig/Mirage and not a SAM. Another conspiracy theory? Maybe so :)

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
My old boss who just retired and former F-14 driver told me the other day that many believe the one F-14 shot down in the Gulf War was downed by a Mig/Mirage and not a SAM. Another conspiracy theory? Maybe so :)

Is that the Tomcat where the pilot had to evade a couple days and then went on to be a VFA skipper?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You mean the F-18 shot down? That's what I've heard about Scott Speicher's shoot-down, that it may have been by a MiG-29 and not a SAM, as reported.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You mean the F-18 shot down? That's what I've heard about Scott Speicher's shoot-down, that it may have been by a MiG-29 and not a SAM, as reported.

Nope, not Speicher but the F-14 that was shot down. It was listed as a SAM but he said there are indications that is wasn't but wasn't specific. Meaning, he probably doesn't have the specifics :confused: ie rumor mill. From what I've read about Speicher, a Mig-25 shot him down.