• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need some advice

I found out that I was selected for SNFO; however, my recruiter said that he was waiting for a letter to arrive that gives my ship date for OCS. That was several weeks ago. I contacted him early last week to see if there was an update but got essentially the same answer. My question is should I start making calls to see what I can find out myself? I do not want to be pushy or step on anyones toes but my experience with the entire recruiting process over the last three years has taught me that if I do not take things into my own hands and ensure they are getting done, they wont get done. My concern is that I will be assigned a class date and fail to report because I never got the memo. Can anyone offer some helpful advice?

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
I was in the same boat. I asked my recruiter for updates about once a week, and each time he politely repeated that he was awaiting news and would alert me as soon as there was an update. I found out my date about two weeks beforehand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Renegade One

None
I found out that I was selected for SNFO...
Congratulations. Very nice...
My question is should I start making calls to see what I can find out myself? I do not want to be pushy or step on anyones toes but my experience with the entire recruiting process over the last three years has taught me that if I do not take things into my own hands and ensure they are getting done, they wont get done.
Who would you call? I understand the second part…it's YOUR career…but sometimes you just have to "wait out" the process.
My concern is that I will be assigned a class date and fail to report because I never got the memo. Can anyone offer some helpful advice?
Hard to imagine that first part happening…my "helpful advice" is as above.
I was in the same boat. ... I found out my date about two weeks beforehand.
I assume that means you found out via "the system". Two weeks notice is less than optimum (I had a full month), I guess, but given the stakes… ;)

Bobcat698

I am currently waiting on the same info. Just prepare yourself as if you are leaving sooner than later. We'll always be waiting on something. Congratulations on your selection, you've already passed a big hurdle!

CarolPS

I found out that I was selected for SNFO; however, my recruiter said that he was waiting for a letter to arrive that gives my ship date for OCS. That was several weeks ago. I contacted him early last week to see if there was an update but got essentially the same answer. My question is should I start making calls to see what I can find out myself? I do not want to be pushy or step on anyones toes but my experience with the entire recruiting process over the last three years has taught me that if I do not take things into my own hands and ensure they are getting done, they wont get done. My concern is that I will be assigned a class date and fail to report because I never got the memo. Can anyone offer some helpful advice?

I just got Pro-Rec'd for SNFO two weeks ago. My recruiter said it would be a few weeks before I got my FS letter and OCS dates, although he estimated a July or August start date. He mentioned that the background check would take some time, too.

This application process alone is a great introduction to the military's "hurry up and wait" mentality!! I hope I can get a little more than 2 weeks notice before a start date, but I'll be psyched to get the dates either way.

Good luck to you! Hope the OCS waiting game ends soon for all of us!

USAF_WX2USN

I would say be prepared for short notice. It seems that most people lately have been given about 2-4 weeks notice, myself included. Unless you know you're FY14, then you should have a bit more notice.