• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need serious help!

zaleskb1

Not sure where you get trolling from. I'm just asking advice from anyone who's been there, or has insight /info about my situation. I've been as honest as one can.

Also asking advice to enlist vs continue DCO route

The number certainly isn't 50x, but had to put it on app. Now I live with consequences of my actions, and have actually shared my experiences with my neice and cousin, who are interested in the Corps. Learn from my mistakes.

This isn't just a field reject for MJ use, it's a nightmare filled with numerous, I repeat numerous, "lost applications, " misplaced paperwork, plenty of cancelled interviews, recruiters that came and went, etc. Bear in mind, when I started this process years ago, that fateful question was worded "in the past 7 yrs" of which that's an honest no. However now it's changed "Have u ever" When I was finally able to get a recruiter who got interviews done, and paperwork done. No one's fault but mine for that answer that it is today.

If I had better recruiting in the past, it's possible this isn't an issue.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot

If you hadn't smoked MJ, you would be assured it isn't an issue.

Your attempt to own your mistake(s) is severely weakened by the way you still deflect blame on others for the situation you are in today. You will never move forward until you own it completely. Once you do, you will find people here will be more accommodating.

Sheepdip

Contributor
This sounds like the recruiters having been subtly telling you "we aren't interested" for 6+ years instead of flat out telling you to F-off. I'm thinking that YOU are the issue and not these "nightmares of last applications." Harsh but take it FWIW.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I have a hard time believing that you told a recruiter you smoked up 50x, but now you suddenly remember it was under 10 and your big bad recruiter made you falsify your app by making you nervous. It's more likely you went through a phase where you used marijuana quite a bit, since if you just tried it a few times you'd remember. It doesn't make you a bad person and will likely be legalized in our lifetime, but it does DQ you from your 'dream' of being an intel officer.

exNavyOffRec

I have a hard time believing that you told a recruiter you smoked up 50x, but now you suddenly remember it was under 10 and your big bad recruiter made you falsify your app by making you nervous. It's more likely you went through a phase where you used marijuana quite a bit, since if you just tried it a few times you'd remember. It doesn't make you a bad person and will likely be legalized in our lifetime, but it does DQ you from your 'dream' of being an intel officer.

I have seen this, not 50 but this is how my conversation went down, me "you need to put down how many times you smoked MJ", applicant "about 20", me "you smoked MJ 20 different times", applicant "well I guess?, I was at 2 parties where it was at and I took about 10 hits at each party as it was passed around", his number actually put down was "2" with the explanation that he was at 2 different parties where it was present and he took about 10 hits at each party, no issues from NRC on this and he was selected.

exNavyOffRec

This isn't just a field reject for MJ use, it's a nightmare filled with numerous, I repeat numerous, "lost applications, " misplaced paperwork, plenty of cancelled interviews, recruiters that came and went, etc. Bear in mind, when I started this process years ago, that fateful question was worded "in the past 7 yrs" of which that's an honest no. However now it's changed "Have u ever" When I was finally able to get a recruiter who got interviews done, and paperwork done. No one's fault but mine for that answer that it is today.

The application changed about 3 years ago, so how long have you been in the process? Given your age 3 years ago you probably weren't looked at as a strong candidate, that is also the time where they were rolling over hundreds of Supply application to each board because of minimal spots, except for one person the ones I saw getting picked up from my NRD had many years of experience and were in management positions, essentially the same is for Intel.

I am wondering if cancelled interviews is due to the officers doing the interviews saying "no", we had to give our panel the application for review weeks before so they could review them, more than once I heard "don't give us people that don't have a chance" or "cancel this interview, he won't get picked up"

Your recruiter may have been trying to push you off hoping you would give up, I have seen that happen before.

zaleskb1

You're probably right NavyOffRec, thanks for all your input.

Also, I never stated that "all of a sudden it was under 10x" , so please don't put words in my mouth. Only said it wasn't 50x
And.... When I have to fax and email ASTB scores n other docs, more than five times... Yes, more than five times, cuz recruiter keeps losing it, I have every right to say hey what's up.

Honesty should be at the forefront hands down, even if it's saying hey pal u are absolutely unqualified have a nice day.. When I'm lied to, I can certainly dislike that.
I've always said the MJ wad 1000% my fault.

zaleskb1

This is just my own opinion, but if I were you, I would immediately cease any consideration of enlistment. You are 30 with a masters.....that is not the place for you. Maybe as like an early 20 something with some college experience.....that is common. In your case, you are going to be so overqualified for any job you may take that it will just be aggravating, as will your lifestyle.

MIDNJAC, Even for the Reserves?? Cause that's all im trying for. Was told start E3, within months be E4 Thanks for your help n advice!

Renegade One

None
Even for USNR??? I'm only considering reserves as I have too much vested in pension already it be foolish to throw it away.

Yes, I would opine, even for the Reserves. MIDNJAC gave it to you straight…unless you believe the Reserve gig is all about shirtless dog-tag volleyball once a month and Dress White Jumpers two weeks a year.
I've had many, many tell me not to enlist. Has me wondering why haha.

Because many are giving you good advice. Why do you refuse to listen?
My reasons for enlistment are...
I get to serve Navy and this country.
$20k bonus

Let's be honest…$20K is less than the cost of a new car. If that's your motivation…sheesh…fergit it.

If your stated "desire to serve" is absolutely so compelling…there are many, many other avenues…neighborhood, local, city, county, state.

I don't mean to question your personal motivation, but are you contemplating running for public office or some other such thing wherein you think you need "military service cred"?

Tough love: You've had 12 full years of opportunity to serve the Navy and your country. This just seems like an afterthought to me.

PM me if you want to chew my ass...

zaleskb1

Yes, I would opine, even for the Reserves. MIDNJAC gave it to you straight…unless you believe the Reserve gig is all about shirtless dog-tag volleyball once a month and Dress White Jumpers two weeks a year.

Because many are giving you good advice. Why do you refuse to listen?

Let's be honest…$20K is less than the cost of a new car. If that's your motivation…sheesh…fergit it.

If your stated "desire to serve" is absolutely so compelling…there are many, many other avenues…neighborhood, local, city, county, state.

I don't mean to question your personal motivation, but are you contemplating running for public office or some other such thing wherein you think you need "military service cred"?

Tough love: You've had 12 full years of opportunity to serve the Navy and your country. This just seems like an afterthought to me.

PM me if you want to chew my ass...

Thanks for the advice and tough love! Yes I've had 12 years... But i still got 12 left for DCO, however small my chances.

Honesty, it's literally every day I think about serving the military. Can't really avoid it. Perhaps it's the incredible respect I have for servicemembers that I strive to be one of them. I love everything military and its history that I probably feel I need to be a part of it.
Another good point from you... I have 'served' my state for 8 yrs now in tax law enforcement

navy nurse

Try the Army or Air National Garage in your state. I took a commission in the Army to keep the clock running on my retirement while waiting for the Navy. (Navy enlisted, then Army officer, now happily commissioned in the Navy)

zaleskb1: If you want to serve in the military, enlist. A commission seems unlikely at this point, but you will still be able to try for one after enlisting. The reserves won't be a huge lifestyle change, boot camp and A school will be. Just take the plunge. You may not be able to get your top choice for a rate due to the drug use, but thems the breaks.