• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Help: Recruiter not responsive

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This is taken directly from my University's website:

"Tulane University’s most popular and acclaimed multidisciplinary major, the Political Economy major aims to promote sustained reflection on the multiple connections between political and economic activities and institutions.

The Political Economy major supports and promotes Tulane University’s mission to create, communicate and conserve knowledge in order to enrich the capacity of individuals, organizations and communities to think, to learn, to act and to lead with integrity and wisdom.

The political economy major aims to promote sustained reflection on the interrelations of political and economic activities and institutions. It provides undergraduate students with the basic skills of economic analysis. The major is also based firmly on the view that the study of the interrelations of politics and economics has a rich humanistic tradition and that its pursuit can encourage sustained reflection on fundamental values. Political economy is a multidisciplinary major built on a core of eight required courses and five elective courses drawn from economics, political science, history and philosophy.

This major is designed to avoid the sometimes excessive specialization that characterizes more traditional undergraduate majors. While providing students basic skills of economic analysis, the political economy major at Tulane is distinctively based on the view that technical economic analysis should not be divorced from a broader concern for understanding the moral and historical foundations of economic institutions and political structures."

Essentially, I studied economics, political science, history, and philosophy with the goal of exploring both the relationship between economic and political institutions as well as that between the individual and the state. The most common application of this degree are law school, government work, and business.

I’ll be honest that sounds like a cash grab degree. Luckily that will be not applicable if you commission.

esmbenbenek

This is taken directly from my University's website:

"Tulane University’s most popular and acclaimed multidisciplinary major, the Political Economy major aims to promote sustained reflection on the multiple connections between political and economic activities and institutions.

The Political Economy major supports and promotes Tulane University’s mission to create, communicate and conserve knowledge in order to enrich the capacity of individuals, organizations and communities to think, to learn, to act and to lead with integrity and wisdom.

The political economy major aims to promote sustained reflection on the interrelations of political and economic activities and institutions. It provides undergraduate students with the basic skills of economic analysis. The major is also based firmly on the view that the study of the interrelations of politics and economics has a rich humanistic tradition and that its pursuit can encourage sustained reflection on fundamental values. Political economy is a multidisciplinary major built on a core of eight required courses and five elective courses drawn from economics, political science, history and philosophy.

This major is designed to avoid the sometimes excessive specialization that characterizes more traditional undergraduate majors. While providing students basic skills of economic analysis, the political economy major at Tulane is distinctively based on the view that technical economic analysis should not be divorced from a broader concern for understanding the moral and historical foundations of economic institutions and political structures."

Essentially, I studied economics, political science, history, and philosophy with the goal of exploring both the relationship between economic and political institutions as well as that between the individual and the state. The most common application of this degree are law school, government work, and business.
Sounds like you got a regular economics degree like me.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
I’ll be honest that sounds like a cash grab degree. Luckily that will be not applicable if you commission.
I would tend to agree. Most majors are cash grabs considering the insane cost of tuition for private universities. That said, people go to college for a variety of reasons and majors typically do not directly translate to professional competence (with a few notable exceptions). I am just as disillusioned with higher education as the next person, but if you believe liberal arts degrees (with the exception of gender studies) have no value, I'd say that tad myopic.

taxi1

pilot
...but if you believe liberal arts degrees (with the exception of gender studies) have no value, I'd say that tad myopic.
Personally I'm a big time believer in liberal arts degrees. The most important skill learned in college for the Navy is the ability to write well. Liberal arts for the win on that.

I just find it amusing that they found a new way to slice the liberal arts penny.