• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Help: Recruiter not responsive

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Hello all,

Back in early February, I transferred to a new recruiter after moving from Louisiana back to California. This new recruiter was going to help me submit my second OCS packet. Communication was consistent and my recruiter was receiving phone calls. By the end of February, I retook the ASTB and improved by scores across the board (63 8/8/7). That's when communication took dropped off a cliff. After taking the ASTB, my recruiter started responded to my questions in very brief texts, then not at all.

For the last 2-3 months my OCS recruiter has been radio silent on my packet and will not receive my calls or respond to email/text regarding my packet. Finally, on May 5 my recruiter texted me saying they are turning over with another recruiter and that they would assist me during the transition. This was the first communication I received in two months and only happened because I called the MEPS station where my recruiter worked. My old recruiter forwarded me the email to the new recruiter to whom I introduced myself. I heard nothing back from them. According to my old recruiter, the new recruiter was on leave, but should have returned over a week ago. I have followed up with another email and still have not received a response.

With the June 23 submission deadline rapidly approaching, I am frustrated and not sure what else to do. Most of my packet is already complete so this should've been very easy.

Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
With the June 23 submission deadline rapidly approaching, I am frustrated and not sure what else to do. Most of my packet is already complete so this should've been very easy.

Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Find the closest NTAG headquarters closest to you and ask to speak to the operations officer or officer programs officer to see what’s going on. A google search can help you find out.

Without knowing your details there could be something that’s hurting you from being competitive or even eligible but once again talking to someone over the phone will help.

Average Monke

Find the closest NTAG headquarters closest to you and ask to speak to the operations officer or officer programs officer to see what’s going on. A google search can help you find out.

Without knowing your details there could be something that’s hurting you from being competitive or even eligible but once again talking to someone over the phone will help.
So far I have tried about a dozen different phone numbers and have been forwards another half a dozen times to different people. All have been dead ends.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So far I have tried about a dozen different phone numbers and have been forwards another half a dozen times to different people. All have been dead ends.

Keep calling, you may have to leave a voicemail because the person you want to speak to is out of the office for the day.

exNavyOffRec

You could call the NTAG/NRD HQ and ask for the Officer processor, they should be able to tell help you out too.

Average Monke

So what is a degree in Political Economy, anyway?
This is taken directly from my University's website:

"Tulane University’s most popular and acclaimed multidisciplinary major, the Political Economy major aims to promote sustained reflection on the multiple connections between political and economic activities and institutions.

The Political Economy major supports and promotes Tulane University’s mission to create, communicate and conserve knowledge in order to enrich the capacity of individuals, organizations and communities to think, to learn, to act and to lead with integrity and wisdom.

The political economy major aims to promote sustained reflection on the interrelations of political and economic activities and institutions. It provides undergraduate students with the basic skills of economic analysis. The major is also based firmly on the view that the study of the interrelations of politics and economics has a rich humanistic tradition and that its pursuit can encourage sustained reflection on fundamental values. Political economy is a multidisciplinary major built on a core of eight required courses and five elective courses drawn from economics, political science, history and philosophy.

This major is designed to avoid the sometimes excessive specialization that characterizes more traditional undergraduate majors. While providing students basic skills of economic analysis, the political economy major at Tulane is distinctively based on the view that technical economic analysis should not be divorced from a broader concern for understanding the moral and historical foundations of economic institutions and political structures."

Essentially, I studied economics, political science, history, and philosophy with the goal of exploring both the relationship between economic and political institutions as well as that between the individual and the state. The most common application of this degree are law school, government work, and business.