• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Help Concerning In-PRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wali

Hello Everyone;
I have read the in-prt requirements to be a minimum of 37 PU, 46 SU, and 1.5 in 13:30 for males 20-24.

These are the requirements I had in mind. However, my recruiter just called me and said that I need to take the PRT before I go to OCS and that PRT is this Wednesday (Only a 2 day notice). Here's the problem, he says that I must get 46 PU, 58 SU, and 1.5 under 12:00. This really isn't fair because I have to increase my push-ups by 9, Sit-ups by 12, and lower my run time by 1:30 seconds in two days. I don't think I will be able to do it. I even told him about the In-PRT requirements found in the OCS booklet and he still says that the booklet is wrong and that I must meet the NEW STANDARDS. Can anyone tell me if he is right? Also, if he is not right what am I supposed to tell him?

If he is right then I am screwed this Wednesday.
ashamed_125.gif

perchul

Bad news man, My friend who is a NUPOC candidate just met his minimums and they were those very numbers you dreaded. I don't think those standards are to new though, when I was thinking about going the Navy route I remember those being the mins as well and that was nearly a year ago.

navy101

The in-prt for OCS is still the 37 pu, 46su, and 13:30 for the run(say's it on their website). What you recruiter is talking about is the pre OCS prt. Since I leave October 4 for OCS I have to take mine next thurs. The standards you have to meet for this prt is a good low in all events. If you fail from what I was told they roll your class date back a couple months until you can get the good low. Just bust out this wednesday and do your best.

NuSnake

yeah...all the NRD's around are getting alot of pressure to send in-shape candidates. They wont send you if youre below that good-low level anymore because they get pounced on by some of the higher ups. Bad PRT scores are the number one reason for people being sent to GTX from what we hear. And when that happens the NRD takes a hit.

dfflynn

I've got one question for you wali, did you look at the out PFA requirements? If you where only trying to get to the min in standards than you where not working for the right goal. I saw it when I was at OCS those who could only reach the min in standards usually spent more than 13 weeks at OCS. It seems to me the navy has gotten smart and instead of paying people to sit in GTX they raised some standards and are now making you get in better shape at home where they are not paying you, make sense to me! If it is possible you should try to push your test back and prepare better, check the site for PRT routines to get in shape and remember that doing the bare minimum is not going to get you very far.

submariner8

If you can only do the minimum when you arrive at OCS you may not be able to pass the in PRT anyway. I have heard others say the DI mashes you before you take the PRT, and typically you are only at around 75-80% of your normal capacity by the time you take the test.
I agree with dfflynn, I'm shooting for passing out PRT (excellent low or medium) before I get to OCS. I may not quite make it in every category, but at least it is a goal that is well above the minimum. Just my 2 cents on the subject...

Shepherd

This should be motivation to be better prepared, but relax. I’m sure you can do more than just the minimums on every event, especially the run – it’s pretty hard to nail a run time to within 100th of a second. My only advice is to get no more than the minimums on the p/u and s/u, so as to save your energy for the run; this just isn’t the time to be a hero! Go till your heart wants to explode and your legs want to fall off– you’ll be surprised what your body can do when it has to. It’s all about will power right now. And for what its worth, I think you’ll pull it out.

jaerose

Just visualize yourself doing it, have confidence in yourself and do not psych yourself out. Your mind and body are extremely powerful tools, so use them and when you feel like stopping just push a little harder! Good luck.

JR

wali

Well guys; I should have explained something else. I was on a medical hold for 1.5 months and was told not to work out, only walking and swimming allowed. I am not a slacker or anything. On my last PRT in May, I had Good High on PU and SU and Good Medium on the run ( and this is only with the two weeks notice). The problem is that I am just now off medical hold and only have worked out for a week. I have to take the PRT Thursday but right now I can only pass the PU and SU with Good Medium. My run score is the thing I am worried about. I have six weeks until OCS so I know I can definitely chop down atleast 1.5-2 minutes off my run time of 13:28. I am not shooting for the minimum. It's just that I read something else in the OCS booklet and am told something else by my recruiter.

submariner8

I had the same problem with my recruiter with the conflicting numbers. I thought they should have been lower, especially for my age, but in the end nothing I could do other than try as hard as I could, and it worked out okay.
Is there any way that your recruiter would let you swim 500 yards instead of running since you were on the medical hold for so long??? Maybe if you have a note from your doc you can get away with it this time since you did pass the PRT in May...

wali

Well anyway, I am very thankful to my recruiter. He gave me a week to prepare instead of 3 days. I guess that was enough because I took the PRT this morning and passed it. 48 PU, 60 CU, and 11:44 on the run. My next PRT is the In-PRT once I get there on October 4th
basketball_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.