• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Guidance

kyleship

I am in need of some guidance and I hope there is someone out there who can help. I am 20 years old and a current fulltime student. I am a sophomore right now and I am just wondering what a good plan of attack would be for me? My goals are to be a Marine Corp. officer one day but I am just wondering what would be the best plan as far as ocs or occ? Go to ocs for 2 summers or graduate and then go to occ. I have heard conflicting views on which would be best. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I can offer this:

PLC will start your pay entry base date 2 years sooner, so you will get paid more upon commissioning. But you have to suck down 6 weeks of shit and man up to do 6 more the next summer (harder than it sounds).

OCC will start your PEBD 2 years later, but you just have to do OCS once and you head right to TBS afterwards.

chasejj

SWO? What is this "SWO" you speak of?
Either way, get your degree and keep running/PT-ing from what I have gathered on here... especially the running part! Good luck on whatever you decide!

kyleship

Thank you for all the good information. I believe that I will just finish my education and then go to occ. What are the travel arrangements? I have heard that you should drive to occ so that you will have a vehicle for tbs. But on the same note I have hear that you sometimes have to wait a few months after occ before you start tbs. I just don’t want to drive to occ and be stuck somewhere for 3 months waiting to go to tbs or fly and do occ and jump right into tbs without having a vehicle. I know I am looking way into the future but 2 years creeps up on you fast and I just want to have a plan of attack. I just don’t want to be without a vehicle at tbs or pay a bunch of money to ship a vehicle out to me. I am just going off what I have heard on here.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Have you talked to an OSO? You have the option of going to PLC combined between your junior and senior year as well. The process takes a while so if you want to do these things I suggest you talk to an OSO and get the ball rollin.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I am in need of some guidance and I hope there is someone out there who can help. I am 20 years old and a current fulltime student. I am a sophomore right now and I am just wondering what a good plan of attack would be for me? My goals are to be a Marine Corp. officer one day but I am just wondering what would be the best plan as far as ocs or occ? Go to ocs for 2 summers or graduate and then go to occ. I have heard conflicting views on which would be best. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Marine Corps. There is an s on the end.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Marine Corps. There is an s on the end.
What are you talking about? There's a period there, he abbreviated it.

kyleship

Thank you for the backup sir! I had meant to abbreviate it as you had stated but maybe I should have just put the “s” rather than the “.”
It would have taken the same amount of time! Haha!
Besides that can anyone answer my new question? thx. haha or thanks as I should say now.

phrogpilot73

Marine Corps is abbreviated USMC. Abbreviations are meant to save keystrokes, replacing a letter with a period doesn't accomplish that.

kyleship

I agree if I was writing a formal paper for school however I am writing in a blog so I choose to write in a manner that best suites me. :dog_125:

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I agree if I was writing a formal paper for school however I am writing in a blog so I choose to write in a manner that best suites me. :dog_125:

I hate to break it to you, but this isn't a blog and it doesn't really suite you.

phrogpilot73

As HH-60H said, it's not your personal blog.

Let's see, you improperly spelled/abbreviated the name of the service you want to join. Then you flippantly respond in the above manner to someone who actually is IN that same service.

Keep it up champ - you'll do great work, I can feel it.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor

suits...not suites. You stay the night in a suite...many people stay the night in suites.